IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 12 Round 10 - Montezuma’s Revenge

Welcome to round ten of this 5200 HSC season! Montezumas Revenge won the poll by three votes. Play using the default settings. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The current HSC record for Montezumas Revenge was set by atariksi with a whopping 1,050,300 points. Bust it if you can for a bonus point!

A link to the ROM and manual can be found here:

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareID=2082

Round ends Sunday, June 9th, 2019 @9pm EST

Standings:

Northcoastgamer - 1,306,100 - RECORD BREAKER!

jnice - 586,250

eegt97 - 311,600

Mangia-Boy - 91,700

jblenkle - 71,500

Cafeman - 65,650

Nuclear Pacman - 54,000

roadrunner - 29,600

bemis - 5,350

I think there are some pretty big differences.. even in the map itself. Also, isn't the big Montezuma in the A8 version?

Yeah, a little quick research suggests there are at least two A8 versions, probably more. Unless someone can find a A8 version that is verified to be the same as the 5200 version, I think we will be sticking with the 5200 version.

1,306,100. Couldn't resist this round, great game, a classic! Score rolls around 11:18 mark in the video. Camera stopped on me at 1,048,000. Pic shows final score. Still had plenty of extra Panama Joe's left and probably could have rolled the score a second time. I might put together another video tomorrow.

post-34612-0-01445200-1559861465_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I recorded another session last night. My apologies for it being 3 parts, my recording device is old and stops recording after 30 minutes or so. I have studied and rolled the score for the Colecovision Montezuma's Revenge as well so I decided to come out of semi-retirement and try the 5200 version. Here's a walk through of Levels 1-9.Enjoy!

Part1

Part 2

Part 3

• Like 3