IGNORED

Shark Byte

WAVE 1 GAMES

@Wave 1 Games. I commented on the music and really dug the metal soundtrack. Anyway, is that something you created or did someone create that for you? Liked it! More metal!

No I am not a composer and unfortunately I don't know any composers that can help out. It is all royalty free music from a download site. I chose the metal sounding tracks because I wanted this game to feel very different and that sort of rock/metal vibe is what I feel Shark Byte should have. I am on the fense about track 2 though, I may change that song out. There aren't a lot of royalty free options to choose from in this genre.

What did you think of track 2?

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

Quick reply as....well you really aren't answering much.

Why would you post something like this elsewhere then?

Gosh Welshy, there you go again! lol You really are a lawyer in real life aren't you?

Well Mr Welshworrier I will ask you in front of the jury, does the defendant state without reason of a doubt that the footage seen is the final gameplay footage of the game, or is he in fact merely asking a question? To what end is Mr Johnson asking the question?

Does the defendant have reasonable screen space and or time to explain the question further in this social media post? Are there any other witnesses that can testify that somebody/ANYBODY asked the question "Jeff is the video footage the definitive footage of the gameplay?"

Can you testify without a shadow of doubt that there are in fact no following comments in said social media post that explain what the actual video is?

Too bad about the hostile environment you create for anyone else who isn't in your clique tho.

By "hostile environment", do you mean "the tools I keep using to make games, despite telling everyone they're bad and their creators are assholes"?

And repeatedly calling the checkerboard trick "true transparency" makes as much sense as calling heating microwave dinners "true cooking". It's a low-effort substitute, at best.

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 8

I would like to bring forward exhibit A for the court to see:

post-45896-0-27630800-1559416500.png

As you can see the comment following that post is the Youtube link to the same video shared here in this thread.

Upon clicking on the link you will come to exhibit B:

post-45896-0-62052500-1559416567_thumb.png

As you can see in the video description it clearly states that this video does not indicate final gameplay.

The defense rests its case

By "hostile environment", do you mean "the tools I keep using to make games, despite telling everyone they're bad and their creators are assholes"?

And repeatedly calling the checkerboard trick "true transparency" makes as much sense as calling heating microwave dinners "true cooking". It's a low-effort substitute, at best.

ACTUALLY I have never talked bad about anything you have created sir. I am using the Zeroplayer as it is much better than the U-235 in my opinion and I asked you for Jagtopus boards and you refused to sell me any, so I had to get the black pcbs.

Or did you mean rB+ and were you referring to CJ?

I don't believe I called anyone an asshole?

Your comment confuses me slightly Zerosquare. I'll be right back I have a Hungry Man to grab out of the microwave... I'm starving

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

This video does not indicate the final gameplay as that is far from ready it is ONLY showcasing the graphics and the soundtrack which we have put a lot of effort into.

No I am not a composer and unfortunately I don't know any composers that can help out. It is all royalty free music from a download site.

Much effort. So developer.

• Like 4

Yes I like calling you boys out since you all play so nice together. I just think it's a shame that 6 people were interested in the project but didn't feel comfortable posting here so they messaged me in private. I was just talking with the Heavy metal Gamer the other day about this. I will say one thing, you guys stick together that's for sure! That is saying something for friendship right there. How many years has it been? Too bad about the hostile environment you create for anyone else who isn't in your clique tho.

I always love the "X number of people messaged me privately about this" excuse. I call bullshit on that, at least for the reasons you mentioned. And I don't see you calling anyone out, just making excuse after excuse and lie after lie when we call you out on making shit rush job games for quick cash. Especially when you shit on the makers of the tools that you use to create them.

Hey how come you aren't a moderator anymore? You get tired of locking threads in the Jaguar section all of the time for your buddy? I'm just curious about that, it's not really relevant to the topic and you don't have to answer the question if it makes you feel uncomfortable. I understand, I wouldn't want any of you guys to feel uncomfortable.

Read my profile.

• Like 3

I liked all the tracks but I'm a metalhead so that was my favorite! Too bad you couldn't license a track that would be perfect for your game. It's by a band called Accept. Track is called Fast As A Shark!

Good luck, man! ??

Love that song. Used to play it loud back in the day while dying repeatedly on NES Ghosts and Goblins. Had some Stryper playing too :cool:

<-- Checking out who just checked out Sauron's profile...

I just made the list :P

@Saturn Used to play along to Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Fishbone, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and tons of others. Stryper is good. ? Road Rash on the 3DO had a great soundtrack. Everytime I hear a certain metal band I think of EGM and the NES/Super NES/ Genesis. Good 'ol days! Don't forget Saxon! Ha! ?

• Like 1

As a final question from me on Jeff's hungry shark evolution copy, since when did jaguar real hardware display a fraps value?

I have one of those cheap ass Composite to USB adapters I hooked the Jag straight into that and then I just used FRAPS to record the video signal that was being transferred to the PC. I had to use FRAPS because the capture software that came with the adapter doesn't even work.

For crimes against baked potato, humanity, or even huge manatee's, you have been sentenced to death by public frying, 4 lunches from today.

Damn thats a rough sentencing, good thing no additional ruling was made on what I planned on doing with the cows.

@Saturn Used to play along to Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Fishbone, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and tons of others. Stryper is good. ? Road Rash on the 3DO had a great soundtrack. Everytime I hear a certain metal band I think of EGM and the NES/Super NES/ Genesis. Good 'ol days! Don't forget Saxon! Ha! ?

I switched up the soundtrack a bit and added a couple of new tracks, its no Metalica or Van Halen but I feel ok about it. What do you think?

Everything but Ocean Ambience. Music tracks are varied; Which is a plus. Like with any good soundtrack or album. You just need to put them in right sequence to fit each stage.

The ocean ambience isn't really a tune. It is what I was thinking of using for when the player presses the 0 key to turn off the music. Should I leave it for that or just give them dead silence?

AND BTW phoenixdownita I am not picking a fight with you. I genuinely just wanted to discuss the direction of the game as you stated that all the game was at the core was bubbles. lol that's just silly.

<sarcasm>

a9c.png

</sarcasm>

<snarkyQuoteRemark>

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

</snarkyQuoteRemark>

<biblicalVersionOfTheSame>

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

(Proverbs 17:28)

</biblicalVersionOfTheSame>

<moreOfTheSame>

You have two ears but only one mouth. Cutting your words in half will match your anatomy.

</moreOfTheSame>

With that out of the way (and of my system) .... Trevor McFur had it had transparent bubbles would not have been a better game, it would have still remained more of a tech demo.

The transparent bubble effect is neither integral nor functional to what you showed, it's indeed a tech show off, the fact that you insist on it being fundamental sounds a little weird to me, it's eye-candy hence my remarks to make the game fun first and foremost as no amount of bubbles per se would make a game fun unless you're remaking Bubble Bobble, Pang or Puzzle Bobble.

• Like 5

@Wave 1 Games Keep it in if there is a reason to or it's necessary.

I've been playing games for over 36 years so just try to make the best game you can make. Don't say or show anything until it's time. Gameplay is KING. if there is constructive criticism. Listen to it. I'm not a programmer, developer or a composer but I've played games long enough to know what it is good and what is bad. Make the best game you can and be humble.

Lastly, treat your customers and fellow gamers well. That will go a long way for you in building trust and respect for all involved. If there is an issue with your games? Rectify it and be as transparent as you can. Not judging or bagging on you. Let your games do the talking. Most importantly of all. Listen.

Good luck! ?

• Like 1

Lastly, treat your customers and fellow gamers well. That will go a long way for you in building trust and respect for all involved. If there is an issue with your games? Rectify it and be as transparent as you can. Not judging or bagging on you. Let your games do the talking. Most importantly of all. Listen.

... correct.

Jeffrey, you simply cannot ship product that is heavily buggy... no matter how badly you want to get it out. The name you've built for yourself has not been a decent one. You have dozens of really bad reviews on YouTube now, because you're stubborn. If you don't have the skills to complete these games to a level that is at least 99%, then get help. There are several people here that would be thrilled to help... or possibly would have been... like Cryanoj, Carl from Songbird, Video 61, and several other people who could help you see the game through completion.

The only sales you're going to get are from people who haven't had prior experience with you... and I don't think that's going to be many people. You've alienated like 80-90% of your market share. I don't know why you assumed you could come on here and just pretend like everything's been great with your prior product releases.

You've got some reputational repair work to do... I'm not sure how you fix it... but I'd start, personally, with fixing your other games. Food Fite, Frogz 64, and anything else you've released. Tuck your tail between your legs, and seek help from the experts here. Apologize, maybe even buy them a handle of Captain Morgans. Ask them to help you go back through your games, and offer to exchange your previous games for a slight fee. That way you don't lose out, and you're repairing your reputation. Then, once you've got those 2-3 games fixed and refined... then get help with Shark Byte.

Stop being stubborn.

• Like 7