IGNORED

Atari 2600 Reproduction Console Box and Inserts available on Etsy

michaelr

Hi everyone

I'm selling reproduction Atari 2600 Console boxes, the 'chess piece' ones on Etsy.com under 'boxingatari'

They're very high quality and all hand reset by me so no scans or lo res jpegs. they come complete with all the cardboard inserts, paddle tubes, joystick boxes and cherry leisure power pack box as well as marketing brochures, instructions and invites by Cap Atari to join the club. Check them out here:

https://www.etsy.com...hop_home_feat_3

post-62507-0-42754900-1558992235_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Does it say reproduction on it? Otherwise you will find a whole bunch of "New" heavy sixers soon.

Nah, we wouldn't be like that. On a related note, anyone wanna buy my heavy sixer, still in box, complete with all the cardboard inserts, paddle tubes, joystick boxes and cherry leisure power pack box as well as marketing brochures, instructions and invites by Cap Atari to join the club? :-D

Otherwise, those look pretty awesome!

• Like 1

They're cool, I got one of those.

normal_Atari_2600_VCS_Light_Sixer_woody_

Atari 2600 VCS Light Sixer woody (incl. full sized repro Chess Piece console Box)

Why? Those items do not belong in that box. This is precisely what I am talking about. Who is going to know they are buying a new system now? All you need is approximate weight and a damn glue gun. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, glad i have my real heavy sixer box already.

Are these on cardboard or white board?

At least that might help tell them from a real one.

But yes at the least they need a mention of being a repro somewhere on the box that you let everyone know of.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, it is cool, for a homemade project. But leave it at that.

dude... these are very cool. There are no repro boxes anywhere and every atari ive seen unless you want to pay thousands of dollars, always comes in a battered useless box unearthed from a loft here, a shed there. I havent created these to flood the market with fake/real heavy sixers. These were created for all the collectors out there that remember the atari from their childhood, have bought one from eBay OR still have one but could never get hold of that perfect uncrushed box without spending another few hundred dollars. These boxes are a handshake with your past, to protect, house and display your memories for years to come and personally, outside of the fact that I've remade them, I think they're fairly awesome. :)

On 5/29/2019 at 12:47 PM, michaelr said:

Does it say reproduction on it?  Otherwise you will find a whole bunch of "New" heavy sixers soon.

i think what i'll do on the next batch is have a line which says something like :

'not an original box'

to stop future confusion etc.

This you should absolutely implement. Where you use that verbiage or say REPRODUCTION somewhere on it, that would take care of the issues that people are having with your boxes. No one is disputing that they aren't awesome, they definitely are, and there is a market for them, you just don't want people to attempt to pass these off as the real thing. You mention there's no way you could confuse them with the real thing because they're a different material and are new, but it's tough to distinguish from pictures alone on eBay or similar, so a simple reference to the fact that these are replacement boxes is necessary. That way, no one gets screwed as a buyer, and unscrupulous sellers will not be able to laugh their way to the bank.

• Like 2