1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

Sounds good but please don’t misunderstand me.  I’m not trying to make you rush anything.  The game is progressing nicely.

No all good! Great you are loving playing!!  I've had a bit of a look at the slowdown issue and think it may be related to the sound - make a change to a setting and after a good play it appears to no longer happen.  Will continue to watch out of it though. Enjoy your holiday!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DracIsBack said:

Did my ears miss something. Are people playing the game on the real machines now?

I’ve been using my Mateos multi-cart.  I believe some of the other developers have Dev carts that they’ve been using with actual hardware.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is paddle mode actually working on this yet? I can't seem to get any paddle response when using my 7800 Arcade Pro controller from Curt Vendel although I know the paddle worked fine in other games I tested it with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

Is paddle mode actually working on this yet? I can't seem to get any paddle response when using my 7800 Arcade Pro controller from Curt Vendel although I know the paddle worked fine in other games I tested it with.

Make sure the paddles are plugged into the second controller port.  They work fine for me.

..Al

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

4 hours ago, Albert said:

Make sure the paddles are plugged into the second controller port.  They work fine for me.

..Al

Thanks Al ?

The setup currently requires a joypad/joystick in the left and the paddles in the right.  The title menu ATM need you to select options using the joystick but once the paddle is selected you can push that button to start.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mksmith said:

Thanks Al ?

The setup currently requires a joypad/joystick in the left and the paddles in the right.  The title menu ATM need you to select options using the joystick but once the paddle is selected you can push that button to start.

Ah...

that explains it then. The paddle built into Curt Vendel's 7800 arcade controller is flipped on with a switch in port 1 of the console. Oh well...at least that answers that question, thanks!

• Like 1

So @Defender_2600 has been doing some very nice work to make the Doh level a worthwhile achievement to reach.  We've taken the available brick colors and used them to provide a multi-color background as well as the giant Doh breaking through with the pipes and edging visible. Looks great but still more work to do and additional stuff planned!

We've also taken this opportunity to push the vaus down lower to provide some additional space between the bricks/doh and vaus.

arkanoid_reposition2.thumb.png.01127a4a2bd50b39dff0047da58f76a5.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mksmith said:

So @Defender_2600 has been doing some very nice work to make the Doh level a worthwhile achievement to reach.  We've taken the available brick colors and used them to provide a multi-color background as well as the giant Doh breaking through with the pipes and edging visible. Looks great but still more work to do and additional stuff planned!

We've also taken this opportunity to push the vaus down lower to provide some additional space between the bricks/doh and vaus.

arkanoid_reposition2.thumb.png.01127a4a2bd50b39dff0047da58f76a5.png

This is really looking amazing! I was only able to get to level 12 on the binary I played over the weekend. I had the same ball stuck condition happen that happened to @sramirez2008 only mine was stuck on the column to the left of where his got stuck. 

And the default sounds being made from the TIA on this are excellent as well. I only had the PC version of Revenge of when I was younger but the sounds and graphics so far are bringing back those flood of memories.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

This is really looking amazing! I was only able to get to level 12 on the binary I played over the weekend. I had the same ball stuck condition happen that happened to @sramirez2008 only mine was stuck on the column to the left of where his got stuck. 

And the default sounds being made from the TIA on this are excellent as well. I only had the PC version of Revenge of when I was younger but the sounds and graphics so far are bringing back those flood of memories.

Thanks for the report - will be looking at the ball movement soon ?

Sythpopalooza has definitely done a great job on the sound and music - very much arcade like.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Synthpopalooza said:

I know that when I started this, I knew we could easily beat the NES version in terms of the music ... it was my goal to make it sound as close to the arcade as we could get.  I have always enjoyed this game in it's arcade form.

Was watching a video of the Amiga version to review some things - sounds better than that as well. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Synthpopalooza said:

I know that when I started this, I knew we could easily beat the NES version in terms of the music ... it was my goal to make it sound as close to the arcade as we could get.  I have always enjoyed this game in it's arcade form.

I have a POKEY chip ready and waiting!

• Like 4

Hi everyone,

Just letting everyone know we are still beavering away and have some very nice graphical enhancements coming for the next release as well as some additional functionality on the Doh level. I want to try and finalise all existing gameplay over the next couple of weeks before tackling the next review of the ball movement and adding the enemies and high score entry. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, mksmith said:

Hi everyone,

Just letting everyone know we are still beavering away and have some very nice graphical enhancements coming for the next release as well as some additional functionality on the Doh level. I want to try and finalise all existing gameplay over the next couple of weeks before tackling the next review of the ball movement and adding the enemies and high score entry.

Excellent, thanks for the update!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mksmith said:

@Atariboy2600 Jeez that seriously looks fantastic! Definitely mate that would be awesome ? amazingly talented people around here ???

@Muddyfunster thanks mate really pleased with how it's progressing!

Cool then Ill do a clean up version this week just give me some time seeing Im still doing other commissions and payed art.

• Like 3