IGNORED

GoSub (WIP)

Thanks, but I don't have an EEPROM burner or anything like that. What I was hoping for is more like a Harmony Cart-like device for the 7800.

If you plan on making carts you will need a burner. If you want a cheaper one that will do the job I have one I will sell you. I have an extra MiniPro TL866CS with A firmware installed and breakout headers installed on the pcb (you will probably never use them, but they are there). It's a real one, not one of the clones.

Those of us with access to a Mateos 16 in 1 or working Concerto carts need to be testing this for you on actual hardware. Now that mod work has cleared out for the time being, I can devote some time to test this and I would think others can as well since you are posting binaries as frequent as you are.

Can I get a Concerto cart? How do I?

Concerto carts were only released in a small batch for beta testing a few years back. I don't know the ratio of them working vs non, but I know that the compatibility with them I think was pretty hit and miss depending on the 7800s it was used with. Not sure that the specific ones it was found to be working with were ever fully documented beyond their Serial#s (Which honestly doesn't mean squat since I've seen factory reworked original '84 boards in very late 80s era shells).

Currently the Concerto is on hiatus as I understand it. That is why it was suggested you contact CPUWIZ for a dev cart to be able to use. The other option of course is to see if you can manage to find someone willing to sell their own Cuttle Cart II. That was an MMC card based solution created by Chad Schell back in the early 2000s. If Juan Mateos ever comes back, it would be nice to see him offer the 7800 16 in 1 flash cart again. I've got one of those and it has been fantastic for me provided I use it with my old XP based netbook.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

One thing I don't get is why in the bonus level it gives you the same y values despite me using the rand function. I tried seeding rand but that didn't help.

Not sure if you got an answer for this one. It does pull the same sequence - like from a table of random numbers. Somewhere I saw how others handle this but basically, you need to tie your rand pulls to user input like if the player is moving up pull an extra rand and throw that value away. If anybody has a better example or link I am sure it would be appreciated. :)

For testing, if you can get one of the CPUWIZ Devcarts that would be a great way to go.

For my own stuff, I end up using an Eprom burner and an EEPROM most often for testing. Best to test often on the target hardware because, emulators have been letting my slop slide by too much.

Edited by SIO2

Here is a first attempt at a boss screen. What I can change are

+ octopus sprite

+ octopus speed

+ how many hits it takes to kill the octopus.

After 10 torpedo hits the octopus stops chasing you and just wanders away from you in fear. I can change that as well. I also plan to put in future boss fights more coral walls to run into to make it more challenging, but for now it's just a simple square screen.

gosub2019june17.zip

I tried the June 20 version on my red 7800 console.  Looking good. 

When I tried it at first, I had a 2600 joystick in the left port.  Looks like this game will not support 2600 joysticks?

I switched to a 7800 compatible game pad.  Then it worked.  I don't know how but somehow, I managed to activate pause a few times.  

Really cool game.  

Thanks for bringing this to 7800. :)

Edited by SIO2

8 hours ago, atari2600land said:

Added TIX's sub into the game. It was hard because it was animated, but I eventually did it.

Thank you !!

I think you missed a pixel on the propeller.. other than that it looks great ?

If you want help with other sprites let me know.

sub.JPG.ebdbc9d08e815e093231f2ece8f5901f.JPG

Edited by TIX

10 hours ago, SIO2 said:

I tried the June 20 version on my red 7800 console.  Looking good. 

When I tried it at first, I had a 2600 joystick in the left port.  Looks like this game will not support 2600 joysticks?

I switched to a 7800 compatible game pad.  Then it worked.  I don't know how but somehow, I managed to activate pause a few times.  

Really cool game.  

Thanks for bringing this to 7800. :)

I don't know about the problems you had, I was just using 7800 Basic and its default settings. Thanks for the compliments.

• Like 1