IGNORED

GoSub (WIP)

10 hours ago, atari2600land said:

That's okay. I found a couple of bugs that I needed to get rid of.

I thought the boss was too easy, so I added in the other smaller octopus. You start at it for testing.

More challenging and better overall !

In later boss stages you could add even 2 or 3 small ones..

• 3 weeks later...

Possible bug, from the 20191027 build.  All maze levels before, and the maze level after, the below screen captured level had a key that needed to be obtained first before opening the treasure chest. 

The below level had no key, but I was able to complete it and move on (bonus round then next level) by just touching the treasure chest.

Capture.PNG.6a246bc37f8dd2d14c5faa6b57708546.PNG

18 hours ago, Trebor said:

Possible bug, from the 20191027 build.  All maze levels before, and the maze level after, the below screen captured level had a key that needed to be obtained first before opening the treasure chest. 

The below level had no key, but I was able to complete it and move on (bonus round then next level) by just touching the treasure chest.

Capture.PNG.6a246bc37f8dd2d14c5faa6b57708546.PNG

Hi Trebor

as far as i know,not all levels have a key ?

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2019 at 4:52 AM, atari2600land said:

That's okay. I found a couple of bugs that I needed to get rid of.

I thought the boss was too easy, so I added in the other smaller octopus. You start at it for testing.

Hey man,

do you you have a more 'complete' version that plays from start to finish ?

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, atari2600land said:

Yes, you can complete this version.

All I know you as is "TIX". What is your name?

I'm Konstantinos Giamalidis...  TIX will do just fine  ;)

Edited by TIX

are you talking about this ?

image.png.a406cdf5c30a8d24c2b89de867600c0b.png

Easy way to rack-up the points, if you go to a corner with a straight corridor ahead of you, It's easy to camp there and wait for the octopus that keeps appearing on the opposite side and kill him repeatedly.. maybe a time limit or something like that will prevent that ?

image.png.a05b0283ad87406458bb0c839b26bcf5.png

15 minutes ago, TIX said:

Easy way to rack-up the points, if you go to a corner with a straight corridor ahead of you, It's easy to camp there and wait for the octopus that keeps appearing on the opposite side and kill him repeatedly.. maybe a time limit or something like that will prevent that ?

Hmm.. a vicious shark with friggen laser beam on his head would fix that after several minute goes by.  It could use the sound from the Cave Sharks from Dragon Buster. Those scares the crap out of me.  Or the Submarine would collapse onto itself due to water pressure getting higher. Who knows if the point value going to roll over to 0 or crash the game.

• Like 1

Seeing as how the goal of the game is to get to the end, and points are just used as a gauge to see how good you are at the game (like in Super Mario Bros.), I really don't see this as a big deal. I found and fixed another bug, this one pertaining to the Easter egg.