IGNORED

Colecovision & Montreal/Quebec

hizzy

There seems to be a connection between Colecovision and Quebec. I was at the Terrasse St-Ambroise and I saw a Colecovision display. I think Coleco had their offices there? Also, it looks like many people here on this sub forum are also from Quebec. I've always been more of an Atari person, but was Coleco really popular in Quebec? I had a cousin in Laval that had a Colecovision, but I never saw one otherwise. :)

Edited by hizzy

http://www.colecovisionzone.com/page/coleco%20industries/coleco%20canada.html

Coleco had a factory there. Maybe someone here knows what they made.

Edit:

And St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout is outstanding.

I believe that 4000 St. Ambroise Street was the main Coleco (Canada) location (there was also a sales office in Toronto) and so comprised not only their manufacturing facilities but also their head office space. Coleco acquired this space as part of their acquisition of Eagle Toys in 1968. Checkout the "Coleco Canada" section of the attached for more info on what went on at Coleco (Canada), at least up until 1982.

The "Coleco The Official Book" also contains lots of info on what went on there.

Coleco 1932-1982.pdf

• Like 1