IGNORED

search for some software...

looking for atzmod.arc the stand alone zmodem receive proggy and of course the full zmodem that was done later.

also looking for QwkSilver 0.21 or better, as that's the version were most bugs are gone...

later versions of PabQWK would get some folks by and again the better versions 1.1 or better?

I had a number of things pop into my head today and spent some time searching to no avail...

by the time fatigue set in.. I can't remember what else I was looking for... hope to remember what I was up too...

• Like 1

found a few things there thanks for the second link.

looking for the textpro macros for qwk read and qwk reply as well

interestingly my search didn't turn up pigwa or holmes on any of the usual search engines... idk why.... wonders if something is amiss...

interestingly my search didn't turn up pigwa or holmes on any of the usual search engines... idk why.... wonders if something is amiss...

I did a qwk search on my Atari dir and pulled up lots of stuff with some telecoms stuff..Any idea of names?

Not sure if any of the following will help, but this collection is what I found in my slowly-making-progress-getting-sorted software collection, as well as a link I found:

https://www.atariarchives.org/cfn/05/08/0027.php

QWK Collection.ZIP

Edited by Timothy Kline
  • Like 2

@Tim Kline..

Ah, so you are ok, sent you a PM a few weeks back because I had not seen a post and got no reply...

Looks like it never arrived; was concerned that I'd missed it... although I did see that there are some PMs I didn't know about in there which I need to look at.

--Tim

cool

Right, thanks for the reminder. :)

I imaged the disk, and it appears the original "PQ20.COM" is 33649 bytes, dated Jan 29, 1994. (CRC32: 53CEF21C) If the disk is booted, the message "No DOS on Disk!" in inverse ATASCII is a signature of a disk formatted by the Black Box floppy board, so it is definitely not from me (I never had a black box) confirming to me side 1 was formatted and written by Pab. (Including the label written by Pab as well)

On the back side, I formatted myself (boot attempt shows "Error: No DOS", so it's a disk formatted by SpartaDOS, not a BBFB ) Anyhow, on this side is "PQUPDATE.ARC" which contains a PQ20.COM size 33713 bytes dated Feb 17, 1994. This version matches the one in Timothy Kline's "QWK Collection.ZIP" posted earlier. (CRC32: 080C10F8)

Funny thing is both of these versions have the same loader screen indicating "VERSION 2.0"

I can't seem to find any information that I would have used with the "register.com" to make the registered version, but looking through my hard drive backup image, I found the copy of PQ20.COM there matches the 33713 file size of the Feb 17, 1994 version, but is dated July 19, 1994, probably the date I used the REGISTER.COM utility against PQ20.COM.

Anyhow, this version (CRC32: 58312C9A) has 12 bytes modified from offset 07-12 hex. They are all 00's in the original.

Usage of this program has completely left my memory, but with a bit of poking around I got it working with the ZNETNJ.QWK in Timothy Kline's "QWK Collection.ZIP", its simply a .ARC file that can be extracted by SDX, then run PQ20, and point it at the directory they were extracted to. No visual differences between the versions when I ran both.

Reading through the documentation, These are the registered features:

• Support for personal messages - When opening a QWK for scanning, regular version shows a message count and total, registered adds a personal message count as well.
  • Add Conference
  • Drop Conference
  • Take Tagline
  • a registered user only SpartaDOS only tagline file format

Blast from the past, I haven't used this program in 15 years lol!

ZIP attached with the registered PQ20.COM and ATR's of both sides of my disk.

pq20 registered.zip

post-53052-0-03650000-1559546359_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

An anecdote... now knowing I have a disk formatted by a Black Box Floppy board, my disk drive curiosity took over and I analyzed the sector skew using the Speedy Disk mapper...

A double density disk formatted by a 1050 US Doubler using SpartaDOS with UltraSpeed skew usually has an interleave of 7:1:

1 14 9 4 17 12 7 2 15 10 5 18 13 8 3 16 11 6

Interestingly, the double density "UltraSpeed" skew laid down by the Black Box Floppy board has a slightly slower interleave of 8:1, except between sectors 9 and 10 its 9:1.

1 10 8 17 6 15 4 13 2 11 9 18 7 16 5 14 3 12

This is slightly faster than the 9:1 used by XF551 highspeed and Indus Syncromesh. I wonder if the XF551 can keep up with it.

New one to me... Also not covered by the Altirra hardware ref manual (yet..)

• Like 1