IGNORED

ColecoVision Console Box Protectors For Sale

Starwander

I had enough interest to justify making a batch of brand new ColecoVision console box protectors. They are in hand and ready to ship out. Made of extra thick plastic and have locking end tabs. They are $29.99 each plus actual shipping. 

Link to Box Protectors

20191112_171811.jpg

I also have the prototypes for the Intellivision and Arcadia 2001 console box protectors currently under production and have attached pictures of both. 

Arcadia 2001 Box Protector.jpg

Intelivision Box Protector.jpg

• Like 1

I assume they help with uv, but william would have to verify for sure.

I can say the odyssey 2 ones were nice quality and good fit and i would be ecstatic to have my childhood christmas colecovision box protected finally in 1 of these! :)

I as well hope they have some uv protection. I think any layer gives some amount but that aside i love they stop the shelf wear, and cut down on moisture and possibility of insects climbing aboard. And just give the console box a firmer and sturdier feel. Stops punctures and scraps and holds all of the box together in its shape to cut down on bowing etc too. :)

Will these provide UV protection?

Would be good to see some images of the Odyssey 2 console box protector by way of an example.

I talked with the factory. It isn't possible to provide total UV protection with a clear sleeve which I thought was very interesting. I have seen these advertised before by other sellers on occasion and discussed it with them and they made it quite clear a clear plastic color cannot offer 100% UV protection. They said to provide UV protection it would need to colored plastic and have an additive. The price would increase about 8 fold. As such this is not something I will be offering as I don't think people will want to pay that much and I personally would not want colored plastic sleeves. I assume that you won't be wanting those two then?

Edited by Starwander

I will buy two. Anyone knows if NTSC and PAL box have same dimensions? Also, protector box for expansions modules would be nice :)

That I do not know if they are the same size. Maybe some one can chime in about this? If these work out I would definitely explore protectors for the expansions modules.

That I do not know if they are the same size. Maybe some one can chime in about this? If these work out I would definitely explore protectors for the expansions modules.

Ok, it does not really matter personally since the ones I wish to protect is North American.

Great regarding expansion modules, I will keep my fingers crossed :)