IGNORED

Does anyone Like Action Figures?

• The figure in the video looks unimpressive from a fan perspective. My first thought is "Dollar Store knock-off figure". I guess for a purely kitsch collector perspective, that doesn't matter, but if I'm looking to buym I'd be asking "If they were going to make a figure, why couldn't they make a GOOD figure?

I can't make out a lot of detail due to the static and distortion effects in the video. I realize that's done for effect, but it also has the effect of frustrating someone wanting real data. Also, the "fake VHS" look was played out two years ago.

Yes, there are some video games that, were action figures made for them, I'd buy them. I'm likely the only person who would, though, so unless you're making quantities of 1 I'm the wrong guy to ask. I'm weird.

Anything from the Kennedy legacy is toxic, and you're likely to get that response no matter what you do with the mailing list. I think the only way to stop that is to print the list out and give it a viking funeral.

Possibly the most constructive thing I can say: if you want to get into the collector market, why not sell your figures in sets of two: one on a minty, clean card and another version of the figure in a plain plastic bag? That way I can have a mint version and a display version without buying two figures. I'm sure that defeats the purpose from your point of view, but hey, I'm a dork,

Game wise is bad, not for comics and toys =D.

Make a Rock N' Sock 'Em Robots toy using the IP and congrats, you've made the best game in the franchise! Thanks for responding to my post; Metal Masters is now on my want list. I would love to see an Atari Jaguar port! And I had no idea a Primal Rage film was coming. That's cool I guess, but I was disappointed WB didn't re-release the Rampage games to modern systems (and reprint to classic systems?). I am afraid the same will happen with Primal Rage, which is a shame because Primal Rage 2 could be finished and distributed through the right company if its source code still exists.

Edited by ONLYUSEmeFEET

• The figure in the video looks unimpressive from a fan perspective. My first thought is "Dollar Store knock-off figure". I guess for a purely kitsch collector perspective, that doesn't matter, but if I'm looking to buym I'd be asking "If they were going to make a figure, why couldn't they make a GOOD figure?
  • I can't make out a lot of detail due to the static and distortion effects in the video. I realize that's done for effect, but it also has the effect of frustrating someone wanting real data. Also, the "fake VHS" look was played out two years ago.
  • Yes, there are some video games that, were action figures made for them, I'd buy them. I'm likely the only person who would, though, so unless you're making quantities of 1 I'm the wrong guy to ask. I'm weird.
  • Anything from the Kennedy legacy is toxic, and you're likely to get that response no matter what you do with the mailing list. I think the only way to stop that is to print the list out and give it a viking funeral.
  • Possibly the most constructive thing I can say: if you want to get into the collector market, why not sell your figures in sets of two: one on a minty, clean card and another version of the figure in a plain plastic bag? That way I can have a mint version and a display version without buying two figures. I'm sure that defeats the purpose from your point of view, but hey, I'm a dork,

• Honestly I am going to have to disagree with you; it is specifically made to look like a ToyBiz from the 90s figure. We can do the new style of action figures with like bazillion of articulations, but I don't want to. I want it to feel like it is a toy from the 90s. Dollar Store Kock offs don't sell ABS figures, not PVC figures. They are normally done with plastic used in blow molds (plastic used in water/soda bottles, shampoos and the like).
  • VHS Effect I've done before several time, not 2 years, ago our Jim Power Video on Steam was done Legit with VHS not digital effect. That was 2014.
  • Honestly you and flojo need to move on from Mike hate train. I don't understand your fixation to just keep hating on the guy. Yeah he messed up, he went away from the community and he didn't really scam anyone but himself. Retro Magazine website has more than 6000 readers a month, so I honestly don't see the toxicity, the only toxicity has been brought by you with this comment and Flojo (mostly).
  • That is actually a good point I had not considered (selling packaged figure and open figure) Thanks, I shall consider it, because I open most of the action figures I buy and old stuff that I have sealed, I do buy a open one because I like to actually feel and touch and pose the figures.

Make a Rock N' Sock 'Em Robots toy using the IP and congrats, you've made the best game in the franchise! Thanks for responding to my post; Metal Masters is now on my want list. I would love to see an Atari Jaguar port! And I had no idea a Primal Rage film was coming. That's cool I guess, but I was disappointed WB didn't re-release the Rampage games to modern systems (and reprint to classic systems?). I am afraid the same will happen with Primal Rage, which is a shame because Primal Rage 2 could be finished and distributed through the right company if its source code still exists.

This would be pretty awesome with Metal Masters! And it could definitely be ported to Jag I think. Primal Rage "Rumor" came from the licensing guy at WB when I was interested in buying the rights of that game. So not sure if they still have plans for it.

I have Metal Masters on GB and I do like it, but my favorite robot fighting game is One Must Fall 2097 for DOS.

Checking out that DOS game. And Metal Masters only came out in Europe right? No NA release?

Original Star Wars, original Battlestar Galactica, Thundarr the Barbarian and 60's Batman action figures are the best!

As far as your kickstarter Blah.... I'm more interested in your list of 150 video game IPs. Could you share that?

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

Original Star Wars, original Battlestar Galactica, Thundarr the Barbarian and 60's Batman action figures are the best!

As far as your kickstarter Blah.... I'm more interested in your list of 150 video game IPs. Could you share that?

If you look on steam there's about 20 or so so far. Some pretty interesting ones I may pickup myself.

Then on the piko site they have some for consoles that I didn't see on steam.

But yea would be cool to see a list of em all :)

• Like 1

Eventually on the website there will be a directory that has all the games we own available, and it will tell you the platforms they are from etc. It is a project I need to start. I started it a long time ago but only added 2 games and stopped lol.

But yeah I think it is actually close to 170 now. And working on another large acquisition; after that I will retire from seeking to buy the rights of old games, only will do it if good deals and opportunities present themselves.

Also I'd like to apply to a record Guinness then.

• Like 1

• Honestly I am going to have to disagree with you; it is specifically made to look like a ToyBiz from the 90s figure. We can do the new style of action figures with like bazillion of articulations, but I don't want to. I want it to feel like it is a toy from the 90s. Dollar Store Kock offs don't sell ABS figures, not PVC figures. They are normally done with plastic used in blow molds (plastic used in water/soda bottles, shampoos and the like).

And that's valid, but it also places it outside my scope of interest. There's a reason the only ToyBiz figures in my collection are from the lines where they just re-used old Kenner molds. I'm not saying it should be a MacFarlane style, either.

• VHS Effect I've done before several time, not 2 years, ago our Jim Power Video on Steam was done Legit with VHS not digital effect. That was 2014.

Again, if it's your stylistic choice, I respect that. I'm just saying sometimes style undermines substance. Hey, it's your project.

• Honestly you and flojo need to move on from Mike hate train. I don't understand your fixation to just keep hating on the guy. Yeah he messed up, he went away from the community and he didn't really scam anyone but himself. Retro Magazine website has more than 6000 readers a month, so I honestly don't see the toxicity, the only toxicity has been brought by you with this comment and Flojo (mostly).

Ah, no. Mike scammed a lot of people. I realize as the current owner of what's left of his tire fire, it would be nice for you to think otherwise, but that's the hand you're holding. Mike tried to launch crowdfunding with false prototypes, he made numerous claims about his product that were completely untrue (making these claims directly to the people he wanted as customers) and villainized anyone who pointed out that what he was doing wouldn't work (again, the same people he wanted as his customers). You could argue that some people affected should have done more due diligence, but when someone lies, their lie isn't diminished because it's a bad lie.

I do recall people telling you at the time that Retro's assets were tainted by the controversy. Please do not now be surprised that, despite the tire fire keeping you warm, it leaves a funny smell on you.

• That is actually a good point I had not considered (selling packaged figure and open figure) Thanks, I shall consider it, because I open most of the action figures I buy and old stuff that I have sealed, I do buy a open one because I like to actually feel and touch and pose the figures.

Please feel free to use it. Most toy collectors like to have two, which of course means double units sold for manufacturers. I realize offering some type of bundle goes against that model, but it would make me consider a line that maybe I wouldn't have otherwise. I would like to see this be standard industry practice one day. I'd also like to see new characters in the original Kenner Super Powers scale, but the odds of that happening aren't good and I know it.

My other two points are not intended as trolling. I would post them here because I consider AA to be a nice side-road to Kickstarter, Twitter, etc., where these conversations can be had with more frankness and your target market doesn't have to see them unless they go looking. It's two aesthetic points (which are all relative to my tastes) and one objective problem with any SWOT analysis.

Regardless, good luck.

• Like 2

I just bought Piko's Ocean Pack 1 and only have tried one game so far but if this kickstarter is successful I really hope youll consider doing figures from Last Rites! While I debated the purchase for a bit due to reviews from back in the day, the reviews on steam were much better and with the rest of the games in the pack I decided to give it a try and man its actually really quite fun! I only past the first level as its almost time to get sleep for work :( but i really liking this one. The addition of the AI squad is kinda nice although until they die i dont seem to get to kill anything lol but i really like the limited battery for electronic devices, and the Gore level is on maximum :D watching my AI buddies mangled corpse twitch and zombie legs continue to try to get to me will never get old lol. I think the characters from this game would make excellent figures. Also if there was ever a kickstarter for a nice CIB version of the game I wouldnt be sad :)

post-39068-0-03052800-1559531680.png

Oh Awesome Thanks!

Actually Last Rites is super interesting, it only came out in Europe cancelled in the US. And it is an IP I want to explore in Dreamcast, problem is we didn't get the source code, so may be eventually we'll do it by decompressing DOS builds etc. I'd like it to have it also on N64!

• Like 1

What non-First and Second Party game character would you like seeing like this?

See if Accolade will let you do a run of Bubsy merchandise. Should get at least a hundred or two of that character. At least.

See if Accolade will let you do a run of Bubsy merchandise. Should get at least a hundred or two of that character. At least.

Erggg, I've had trouble with Tommo before, won't touch them with a 50ft pole. If that wasn't the case I'd be all over it.

May be the Zero Tolerance Characters could be done into action figures. We got a BUNCH of character designs by a very popular Japanese sculptor that did them for Technopop.

Do you own the rights to Attack of the Mutant Penguins? If so, that would be pretty cool.

I also would love Attack of the Mutant Penguin figures!

Coming to Steam soon =D.

Oh really?

Speaking of original Battlestar Galactica... feast your eyes on this...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BuckRogersBattlestarand70s80sScifi/permalink/1163034203820276/

post-4709-0-22075800-1559535617.png

Love original BSG.

Eventually on the website there will be a directory that has all the games we own available, and it will tell you the platforms they are from etc. It is a project I need to start. I started it a long time ago but only added 2 games and stopped lol.

But yeah I think it is actually close to 170 now. And working on another large acquisition; after that I will retire from seeking to buy the rights of old games, only will do it if good deals and opportunities present themselves.

Also I'd like to apply to a record Guinness then.

Do you have a list of what IP's you have?

Erggg, I've had trouble with Tommo before, won't touch them with a 50ft pole. If that wasn't the case I'd be all over it.

Ooohh... would love to hear the story of Tommo and what happened there. Might explain why there is no Bubsy merchandise.

• Like 2

Wow that's one nice looking Viper, shame to see more you have to join that group. I just knocked off the updated series I never seen before last Friday and I discovered the original one season show is 100% up on NBCs site free to watch so I went through the pilot they diced into 3 episodes so far. I'm tempted to get through the rest and maybe check out the 1980 show they canned in 10 episodes if I can find it. BSG toys would be awesome if those rights were figured out. I'd think a nice Viper or a robotic daggit would be pretty slick.

• Like 1

Wow that's one nice looking Viper, shame to see more you have to join that group. I just knocked off the updated series I never seen before last Friday and I discovered the original one season show is 100% up on NBCs site free to watch so I went through the pilot they diced into 3 episodes so far. I'm tempted to get through the rest and maybe check out the 1980 show they canned in 10 episodes if I can find it. BSG toys would be awesome if those rights were figured out. I'd think a nice Viper or a robotic daggit would be pretty slick.

That particular group is pretty small, but the Colonial Warriors group is HUGE!

Viper and Robotic Daggit are EXACTLY what I want.

Classic BSG is amazing. Light and dumb in some parts, dark and hinted grim in others, but overall an audio and visual spectacle.

BSG 1980 is on it's own an alright sci-fi show with BSG trappings. Main characters are likeable, the premise a bit goofy, but a fun watch for the most part. And you get an episode with Starbuck which is all we wanted anyway.

(Not to derail the conversation, I really am curious about the experience with Tommo, possible Attack of the Mutant Penguin toys, and well, I like figures. Can't buy them all, (only have so much house) but I buy a select few.)

• Like 1

I woulnd't want to share inside info on those guys really. May be in person I would haha.

I will be working on the website during the summer and all our IPs will be listed on the GAMES section (right now there is only 2 from when I was testing the website).

Man I got to do thousands of things on the website haha.

I woulnd't want to share inside info on those guys really. May be in person I would haha.

I will be working on the website during the summer and all our IPs will be listed on the GAMES section (right now there is only 2 from when I was testing the website).

Man I got to do thousands of things on the website haha.

Sounds like you need to delegate to a newly hired website administrator!

Edited by thetick1

May be in person I would haha.

Hmmm you live in San Antonio, Texas... might have to make a two hour trip and pay a visit at some point. icon_mrgreen.gif

Of course there is the SWAG event here in Dallas where they will have a life size Colonial Viper and Buck Rogers Thunderfighter... to name two. Will happen in July.

• Like 1

Hmmm you live in San Antonio, Texas... might have to make a two hour trip and pay a visit at some point. icon_mrgreen.gif

Of course there is the SWAG event here in Dallas where they will have a life size Colonial Viper and Buck Rogers Thunderfighter... to name two. Will happen in July.

Well I am opening a front store in the office, it would be a general retro video game and toy store!

Without knowing what IPs you have available, I don't see the point in me listing off figures I'd be interested in here. Do you have a list?

Good luck, in any case.

Well I was asking just in general! 80s, 90s, and early 2000s games that have not been turned into toys yet that you would like to see as figures.

I think you should stop using contact information collected from your purchase of the Mike Kennedy media empire, including RETRO magazine. I got an unwanted solicitation about this project at an address that was used for RETRO. It brings up all manner of unpleasant memories and doesn't reflect well on your brand or judgment.

Speaking of that, GameGavel still hasn't come back from the grave yet has it?

EDIT: I just checked the site out. At first glance it comes off as a half indie media outlet \ half adsense farm or clickbait site of some sort now? Sure isn't a video game auction site that is for sure.

If you're in that general part of the country, and you like action figures, you really owe it to yourself to check out the Toy and Action Figure Museum in Pauls Valley, OK. Coincidentally, I just did a YouTube video about it.