IGNORED

Stuff that isn't correct

While looking for pictures via internet, I ran across two that aren't correct. The first one is this:

post-9475-0-58125000-1559171908.png

Quite creepy. Nokia didn't make the game.com, Tiger did. Here's the other one:

post-9475-0-59176500-1559171952.jpg

Also not correct. What?

If anyone can shed light onto why these exist, I'd be more than happy.

• Like 1

I see you've been poking around in strange areas of the internet again :)

The first pic isn't a Game.com game, it's a game card for a game called Flo Boarding for the Nokia N-Gage. It was given out as a promo item in Europe (and perhaps elsewhere). And secondly, the text is meant to be read as nokiagame.com, which was a website Nokia ran for the handheld.

The second pic is from an early subscription ad for Nintendo Power. They just used a mock-up of the first issue for the pic.

Bonus factoid: there are two variants of NP issue #1. One that keeps this promotional ad's caption of 'free poster inside' and another that replaces it with 'free sample copy'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I think that NP was an old place holder art for Nintendo that graced some early sheet of theirs or ad within the fun club before it was set in stone. i have some vague memory of seeing that picture before and not from some lame fanboy site or google image search either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I first saw this topic, it immediately reminded me of a couple pics I took a while back of a TV commercial.  I don't remember what it was for, but I remember seeing these and thinking, "That is way off..."  It's obvious photoshop kind of stuff, but several things are off...

First on the Pong pic...  That's now how it's played.  We all know that, but apparently whoever put together this commercial didn't.  You don't hold the console like a modern day controller.  And also, the size is off or that person has some pretty big hands.

Second on the Atari pic... Size is off again.  Controller seems too small.  Also, since you don't see the button in the upper left on the controller, I don't know which way they are holding it but it's going to be hard to play pac man like that.  And about the game, I don't know what version of Pac Man that is, but it certainly isn't any version I've seen for the 2600.

Anyone see any more issues?

pong pic.jpg

atari pic.jpg