IGNORED

Let's have an Adventure.

Retrospect

2 hours ago, sometimes99er said:

Just realized that I'm not checking this site every day ... Many things going down the drain ... Too bad ... Logically I should have more time for TI ... :|

I do not have time (or energy sometimes) to check the Atari-pages every day myself. I saw your other note on Citadel, thank you. Turns out I did not send you the most recent version. One version did have an issue with no RETURN after a GOSUB, but that has been fixed. The current version has black type on a gray screen. The reason for that was that on a real TI/ monitor, some of the fonts looked terrible with certain color combinations (not that much of an issue with emulators), so I left the screen as gray. When you can quickly make anything "DSK1" via an emulator you can, (I at least)  end up with multiple versions of the same name. I will locate the current version.

When you use the SAMS card as a pseudo-file, I am uncertain what the correct term for using it that way is, it loads a new location so quickly that it is easy to miss the initial dialogue if a monster is present. However, if one is there it means you are in a new location as that is the first thing to pop up (after the room, which may be too quick). So after the monster is dealt with the new room comes back long enough to be properly read. I could possibly insert a pause if you are using SAMS instead of a disk drive. SAMS use is very new to me. Any suggestions? It seems almost too easy, like I'm missing something.

Thank you for the tip on your programs on the GameShelf. I downloaded 4 late last night - they execute and perform as if they were commercial cartridges from the '80s! Castle Conqueror is tough... The intro music is really good, wish I had that kind of talent. I discovered on an emulator you can use the arrow keys as a joystick? Should read the manual in more depth! When time permits I need to look into the compiler you mentioned. Thanks again.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

MUNCH Adventure Compendiums

I have uploaded the MUNCH Compendiums I & II as an historical interest. They were excellent collections for their time.

For some reason the file TWENTY:8 is missing from Compendium I in some archives (Dragons of Hong Kong) so you might want to check your own.

Unpack files with Fred's TIDir.

AdvComp_I.zip AdvComp_II.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, Elia Spallanzani fdt said:

Maybe a silly question, but would it be possible to change a game parameter from within the game? For example, if the character finds a certain treasure, this changes the difficulty of the game (e.g. by saving the game, editing the saved file and reloading it).

Yes, most any savable parameter in a saved game can be edited to help produce a different result or outcome when you next load the game and press "continue current game". You can also bring a Player back from the dead (zero out wounds, increasing HP, or supply a spell that does the same).

However in real time only items that affect stats, bonuses or protection will make the game "easier". By this I mean an individual Party member will have a better chance of surviving via increased combat skill or other specific stats. Increasing Luck can significantly increase you combat prowess. Real time changing the game play difficulty (Easiest, Medium, Hardest) is not possible to my knowledge. It can be done in a saved game, but this will not affect most parameters as they are established at game creation (as the dungeon is being constructed).

Finding Quest items, unfortunately, has no apparent benefits other than "objective achieved". This is a short sight likely due to memory constraints. On the other hand  you can create an off-play scoring system, e.g. in Halls or Sub12 that includes points for finding Quest items.

On 4/23/2021 at 1:54 PM, MikeV said:

I'm hoping Fritz will do an update to his Editor (would make life easier for everyone!)

I was working on it about a year ago but had to stop for a while. Exactly what type of update are you 

saying might make life easier? Right now it can easily create a solid (no error) game file.

Edited by Fritz442
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 5:55 PM, Fritz442 said:

I was working on it about a year ago but had to stop for a while. Exactly what type of update are you 

saying might make life easier? Right now it can easily create a solid (no error) game file.

Hi Fritz. The more standard features that become available, in an editor such as yours, the less one will have to "sector edit" to personalize their game database. This should simplify matters and possibly "make life easier". However, this is 100% dependent on your time and inclination (we know you have the talent!:)

• 2 weeks later...