I was playing Super Burnout for the HSC; I originally selected Australia as the track for us, but during the lap in the same two places the image will cut out. The sound will continue, but the visual will cut out. I cleaned the cart, tried different modes, different bikes, but it's like the data for the Australia track is corrupted or something? The image will always cut out in the exact same two spots, even on second and third laps (it comes back on after 3-6 seconds.)

Has anyone ever had this happen to them with a Jaguar cart? I've had the cart for 5 years and it's worked fine over many previous playing hours. But admittedly it's been months or maybe even a year since I've played this game, so it has sat for a bit.

Someone in the HSC (Doc Shred) recommenced clearing the memory to fix the problem as he's had luck with that in the past. The manual says (*, #, Option) will clear stored data. Would that be the only way; or is there another hard reset button combo to use with Jaguar carts that may be having issues.

Thanks!

Cleaned the cart again....reset save memory. Tried different modes, bikes, codes, etc. Australia still cuts out in the same 2-3 spots around the track; exact same spots. It sounds like the game is being played in the background but the image totally cuts out.

Very strange...haven't encountered this before (on Jaguar) but it looks like my cart has gone bad :(

It could be a bad EEPROM or could just be a bad solder joint, you could try re-flowing the solder joints and adding a little extra solder to those pins that look a little deficient in it. But that does mean wrecking the label to get to the screws, I don't know why didn't them put then in from the back.

• Like 1

It could be a bad EEPROM or could just be a bad solder joint, you could try re-flowing the solder joints and adding a little extra solder to those pins that look a little deficient in it. But that does mean wrecking the label to get to the screws, I don't know why didn't them put then in from the back.

I will probably try this. Thanks Stephen.

I am playing this on my white Jag, I may hook up my others to see if it works on them first. Every once in a while i'll encounter a game (Zero 5 for example) that likes a certain motherboard revision but absolutely won't play on the other. It's a long shot; but wan't to completely trouble shoot before tearing into it.