I let it run overnight, appears there may have been some excess generosity with the payout levels set..... :lol:

It is disturbing how mind-numbingly entertaining it is just to watch it - and even weirder the undeserved feeling of satisfaction/accomplishment when four of a kind spin up.

It is, indeed! I finally quit my instance of the game at

post-29677-0-08277300-1559748528.png

...lee

• Like 1

A little over 3 weeks to go folks before the end of the contest. We have some very interesting entries so far! 

• Like 1

I am working on an interesting program. Right now there are 7 lines. It will be close - I hope the remaining code will fit into the final 3 lines. Should know in the next couple of days.

"Programs should be submitted as a disk image for ease of access by all."  Can I upload a disk image from Win994a? Other than that I have no idea how a disk image is made.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

I am working on an interesting program. Right now there are 7 lines. It will be close - I hope the remaining code will fit into the final 3 lines. Should know in the next couple of days.

"Programs should be submitted as a disk image for ease of access by all."  Can I upload a disk image from Win994a? Other than that I have no idea how a disk image is made.

I believe that would be fine, I think a Win99 disk image just needs the extension name changed from Tidsk to dsk and is the same as a V9T9 image then.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:43 PM, senior_falcon said:

Thank goodness - I was too embarrassed to ask.  

Hi, a question about strings in the basic program, be it as DATA "abc"or defined as variable A$="abc".

Is it allowed from the contest point of view to store non printable characters in those string definitions?

I am trying to sqeeze in some sound data which goes up to ascii 159 and also below ascii 32, currently i have a hexcode representation and go via CALL CHAR to VDP, but a hexcode represenation consumes twice the size in the program that is actually required.

I assumed that you would have to be able to type in the code from the keyboard with no "advanced" tricks involved. Otherwise you are opening the door to embedded assembly and the like.