IGNORED

Game Colors are Different

fan4899

Hello all,

This is my first post so I apologize if this post is done incorrectly. I recently purchased three Activision games from estarland: Laser Blast, Seaquest, and Stampede. The games all seem to play fine, but they all have colors that are different from what I've seen online. The grass in Stampede is blue. The ground in Laser Blast is blue and the laser from the saucer is pink. And colors in Seaquest just seem off. Is there anything I can do to fix fix these games? I've only had my 2600 for two weeks and all of the other games I've purchased play without these issues.

Thanks.23d254d6da4f58896f029358aca22b13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As far as I can tell, none of the carts are PAL , I dont see any markings at least.

I just checked the ROMS in my computer of those 3 games against your descriptions of the colors by setting the emulator to PAL for those 3 games, and that confirmed my suspicions. You have 3 PAL cartridges, that's why the colors are off

I just checked the ROMS in my computer of those 3 games against your descriptions of the colors by setting the emulator to PAL for those 3 games, and that confirmed my suspicions. You have 3 PAL cartridges, that's why the colors are off

That makes sense. The website I bought the games from didn't specify a region, but since they're based in the US I assumed they would only have NTSC games. The games were fairly inexpensive and they seen to play fine gameplay wise so it's not a big deal. Thanks for the help!

That makes sense. The website I bought the games from didn't specify a region, but since they're based in the US I assumed they would only have NTSC games. The games were fairly inexpensive and they seen to play fine gameplay wise so it's not a big deal. Thanks for the help!

When you turn your Atari on the games look exactly like THIS correct? This is how they displayed when I set my Stella emulator to PAL, and as an added FYI Atari 2600 cartridges pre-date region coding, the region coding thing only applies to DVDs:

post-2131-0-98931800-1559265559_thumb.jpg

When you turn your Atari on the games look exactly like THIS correct? This is how they displayed when I set my Stella emulator to PAL, and as an added FYI Atari 2600 cartridges pre-date region coding, the region coding thing only applies to DVDs:

attachicon.gifpalgames.jpg

The games look similar to your screenshots but not exactly. The sub in seaquest and ship in laser blast are both the color they are supposed to be. In the picture I included the Activision logo, the green part of the sea floor, and the divers and fish are all off color. Maybe it's an issue with some settings on my tv.0f0a622a2460f5f7d0834f01bf08ce1f.jpg

attachicon.gifpalgames.jpg

I figured out the issue. I changed my TVs channel settings from cable input to antenna input and the colors have went to what they are supposed to be. I dont know what the difference iis but it fixed the issue on all three games.3a54f7d080c95a65f1ef91cba775cf56.jpg

I figured out the issue. I changed my TVs channel settings from cable input to antenna input and the colors have went to what they are supposed to be. I dont know what the difference iis but it fixed the issue on all three games.3a54f7d080c95a65f1ef91cba775cf56.jpg

To me Seaquest is nothing more than Megamania underwater

I figured out the issue. I changed my TVs channel settings from cable input to antenna input and the colors have went to what they are supposed to be. I dont know what the difference iis but it fixed the issue on all three games.

That's really odd! But great that you can experience both colour palettes ;) (Though a PAL game obviously doesn't look like that on a PAL console!)