IGNORED

FT: PAL systems, is there any interest ?

deepfb

Spring has arrived and it seems everybody is trying to fix their collections. I am trying to make some room, and I have found that I have a lot of duplicate computers & consoles, mainly ZX Spectrum+, some Amstrad CPCs, maybe one or two C64, and a Radiola (Videopac) Jet 47.

This is common hardware in Europe and I would not make big money selling it, so I guess if it is of any interest in NA. I would exchange it for video games, peripherals of hardware I don't already own, for any system up to 32 bits.

The Jet 47 should be the more interesting item of the lot, since it is a rebranded Videopac G7400 (Odyssey^2 with extended graphics). This particular model has been modded to output RGB through SCART (I believe RGB was only available for french models of the console, but I had no need to drill the case or to botch a small proto board -it is everything on the console PCB, it was just lacking the components for the RGB output).

I don't understand why I have two of these, plus the oringinal G7400! :-P

47967857133_25ce38c05a_c.jpg

(Actual picture of the console I have for trade; note this is NOT in mint condition, it is more useable than collectable :D)

Caveat emptor: since these are PAL systems, there may be problems connecting them to NTSC TV sets. Thus, if there is interest, I can modify the ZX Spectrum to output composite video (stock models only output RF signal) -it will be still PAL, but it would be easier to display on a foreign TV or monitor. C64s already output composite, and Amstrad CPCs are RGB.

Feel free to PM with proposals -I insist these items are not very valuable here; I am not looking for anything expensive, just for items that may be not common here. Thanks for yout attention!

Edited by deepfb

I already have a Amstrad CPC. I'm looking for a Amstrad PCW and a PC 1640 if you come across some for decent price tho

I take that into account :)

PC1512 are quite common, PC1640 not so much -and you still have the problem of shipping the monitor.

Regarding the PCW, a friend of mine has created a FPGA mod to use the PCB outside the original casing, connecting it to an USB keyboard & VGA/HDMI TV set. The point is that he managed to produce a colour screen, even when the original system is monochrome! It is noticeable in those games whose graphics were ported from PC, Amstrad CPC or Atari ST. He uses a CGA palette since he likes it, but it is possible to redefine it, and even to use more colours if you patch the games. More info here (sorry, only in Spanish).

Edited by deepfb
  • Like 1