IGNORED

AtGames 350-game arcade cabinet this fall

It's funny how many people RIP on this machine before it is released.

I will probably buy it and it will be my first and only standup arcade system in my already mostly full of consoles gameroom.

I see it has plenty of games including some awesome arcade ones,and I am not a person who needs to tweak it like a lot of people here talk about.

I am probably a member of the target audience they are looking for.

As long as the controls are sturdy and reliable with even as few as 20 great Arcade games I will be very happy with it!

• Like 2

Both for cost and control panel clutter reasons, I question the decision to provide 2 spinners. Most famous spinner games only use one spinner, so it's hard to think of much benefit to the second spinner to go with that additional cost. Also, they're pretty pricey items if you want quality parts, and we already know that if you cheap out on spinners everybody is going to scream bloody murder (see: Arcade1Up spinner reviews).

Also, as another point of personal preference, the big-mess-of-disparate-characters-and-logos art scheme just doesn't look good. I've seen dozens of MAME cabinets where this has been attempted and it just doesn't work. What's wrong with some clean lines and stripes? Focus on a simple visual theme and a small set of complementary colors that look nice together.

Sounds like they've got some cool ideas for connectivity, updates, etc. I'm a MAME cabinet guy so I'm probably not a customer, but I'm interested to learn more about this.

The two spinners are not only there for Pong, Warlords, and other spinner-based arcade games, but also for Atari 2600-based paddle games. It didn't make sense to include more than one trackball. We basically wanted the widest range of support that was practical for the control panel size. This is particularly important considering the BYOG feature, where you can play more than just the arcade and console games that are built-in. (It also has support for external controls and systems.)

In terms of control quality, it's actually really good. For instance, those are real GRS spinners, i.e., you give it a good twist and it spins freely.

There will be third party artwork options.

I'll repost this once from the original thread for those who are interested (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/284076-atgames-officially-unveils-legends-ultimate-home-arcade-full-size-machine/?p=4286139):

We're at the Las Vegas Licensing Expo 2019, which officially starts June 4. People have already been getting hands-on time with the full-size version of the machine. We'll be posting photos and stories for the next several days on our social media:

https://www.facebook.com/ATGFlashback/

https://twitter.com/ATGFlashback

https://www.instagram.com/atgamesdigitalmedia/

61824247_822988571396461_476493542941576

61712334_822988604729791_803015848626644

And it looks like someone sent Glen's Retro Show a video:

I will probably buy it and it will be my first and only standup arcade system in my already mostly full of consoles gameroom.

I see it has plenty of games including some awesome arcade ones,and I am not a person who needs to tweak it like a lot of people here talk about.

As long as the controls are sturdy and reliable with even as few as 20 great Arcade games I will be very happy with it!

Well, that's the $399.00 question.

Mr. Loguidice, I am not familiar with this thing:

The included ArcadeNet™ connectivity features free DLC, remote play, tournaments, subscription game library, and BYOG functionality, where you can access PC game libraries. The Legends Ultimate arcade is also expandable, with Bluetooth accessories, cabinet art, light guns, and more, making it the ultimate entertainment platform.

Does this mean you could team up remotely with people playing on other machines? Like...say I need a Final Fight partner in CT. Earl in WA happens to be online playing Final Fight and have my back. That'd be kind of cool...the way I read "remote play" and "tournament" had me interested, but just a score leader board wouldn't.

Well, that's the $399.00 question.

Mr. Loguidice, I am not familiar with this thing:

The included ArcadeNet™ connectivity features free DLC, remote play, tournaments, subscription game library, and BYOG functionality, where you can access PC game libraries. The Legends Ultimate arcade is also expandable, with Bluetooth accessories, cabinet art, light guns, and more, making it the ultimate entertainment platform.

Does this mean you could team up remotely with people playing on other machines? Like...say I need a Final Fight partner in CT. Earl in WA happens to be online playing Final Fight and have my back. That'd be kind of cool...the way I read "remote play" and "tournament" had me interested, but just a score leader board wouldn't.

It's $399 for the compact and $599 for the full-size. The Compact has a reduced control panel and feature-set and needs to be played seated or by a small child standing.

Your interpretation of the "ArcadeNet" and other connected features is pretty accurate. Basically, it's a connected arcade, so you can stream games, play online against other arcade owners, download new content, etc. Not every feature will be available at launch, but a lot of good stuff should still be in place by then. In any case, the two sentences that you quoted really are the ultimate teasers, because there are lots of possibilities we're hinting at there and will be discussing in more detail over the coming months. The key words are "options" and "expandability." We don't want to make this a one and done purchase, but an investment you'll be using for many years to come. That's another reason why it's tricked out with so many features.

• Like 2

Neat. I have legit interest into being able to drop into random games on an arcade and have some fun with some MP fun with some rando somewhere. For arcade games that sounds PERFECT and so many are better with a partner. Will keep en eye on this.

I'm always skeptical of online multiplayer gaming because it's hard to find other players to match up with. I think that could be an issue here like it is with most games that aren't of the uber popular hot-now variety like Fortnite, Mortal Kombat 11, etc. Still, I'm glad that's supposed to be an option.

I'm always skeptical of online multiplayer gaming because it's hard to find other players to match up with. I think that could be an issue here like it is with most games that aren't of the uber popular hot-now variety like Fortnite, Mortal Kombat 11, etc. Still, I'm glad that's supposed to be an option.

I hear you. I know vs games are what so many seem to want...personally I'd be much more into co-op old arcade games. Gauntlet, Final Fight, whatever. Even if you just got a FEW working in such a capacity (a lot of work I know) that could be a tester of sorts for if people would go for it.

I'm not seeing that. I'm seeing people being concerned about some aspects. Nothing wrong with that. I've been very critical of this company but I've stayed out of the negativity because even I'm impressed with what I've seen and want to give it the benefit of the doubt. I'm going to wait for the reviews before I make any further judgments. I wonder if review units will be sent out to some of the more popular youtube gaming channels before it's released. I would love to see a John Hancock, MJR, or John Riggs take on a finished machine.

It's unlikely we'll get many review units out save for the biggest outlets, simply because of the cost of the machine and other factors. Again, though, there should still be plenty of reviews, and, most importantly, chances at hands-on time at various stores. I believe we'll also get several videos out there showing how easy it is to build, how the menu system and extended features work, and more.

• Like 1

There's another gameplay video for those who are members of the unofficial "The AtGames Global Fan Page" on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/457437778352096/permalink/460061334756407/

And another video on social media:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1136034648054816768

I don't understand why people don't just get a used Real arcade cabinet for $100 or less then just put a computer with mame inside. it would be a lot cheaper then this or the 1up arcades

Most people aren't do-it-yourself types nor want to deal with old crap. Edited by mr_me

I don't understand why people don't just get a used Real arcade cabinet for $100 or less then just put a computer with mame inside. it would be a lot cheaper then this or the 1up arcades

This is the classic refrain any time an emulation box or anything else related comes up. Ignoring the whole legal versus not-so-legal aspect (most people don't care), some people just want to plug and play. Not everyone wants to or can invest 10's of hours or more into a project that may or may not be as slick as they want in the end, not to mention the costs are usually not quite as low as they seem at first blush.

• Like 1

I think people are combining the possible worst case scenarios including:

* NES ports substituted for arcade versions

* Poor quality emulation

* No updates for said emulation issues

* Build quality

I myself have experienced one or two of these issues but still buy AtGames products. Mainly supporting them when they put out products you can add your ROMs to (or have a cart slot.)

This is the classic refrain any time an emulation box or anything else related comes up. Ignoring the whole legal versus not-so-legal aspect (most people don't care), some people just want to plug and play. Not everyone wants to or can invest 10's of hours or more into a project that may or may not be as slick as they want in the end, not to mention the costs are usually not quite as low as they seem at first blush.

Agreed,and exactly right!