IGNORED

GAMMA ATTACK - What's the deal?!

NISMOPC

So there are discrepancies right off the bat with the photos. You can clearly see that it's not the same cartridge in all of the pictures. The label is different and worn in different spots in each photo AND in one photo you can clearly see the label is crooked, yet the other shows it perfectly straight.

Shenanigan's for $10k - NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! Hard for me to believe this is the same cartridge or maybe my eye sight is going bad...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gamma-Attack-Atari-2600-VCS-1983/283502715430?hash=item4202142226:g:XfsAAOSwBfJcyj33

post-61269-0-69402600-1559351034.jpg

post-61269-0-88354900-1559351041_thumb.jpg

Edited by NISMOPC

Yep, that first image is a sloppy reproduction with a label poorly placed on top of another label. The other cart images in the auction look like the second one you posted, which is only a slightly less-sloppy reproduction. No idea why he would do that, but kind of odd. And asking $10,000 for one of these reproductions carts (one of the 100 carts produced in 2010) is just ludicrous.

..Al

Yep, that first image is a sloppy reproduction with a label poorly placed on top of another label. The other cart images in the auction look like the second one you posted, which is only a slightly less-sloppy reproduction. No idea why he would do that, but kind of odd. And asking $10,000 for one of these reproductions carts (one of the 100 carts produced in 2010) is just ludicrous.

..Al

Actually if you look in the lower left..I'm pretty sure that is a piece of double sided tape being used to hold that corner of the label in place? Actually the more I look at it, the whole label is paper with shipping tape over it as a "laminate", and then double sided tape used to hold it into place on the entire cartridge face.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

• 2 weeks later...

Same guy is messing around with Lochjaw listings.

Looks like he wins it for $600 and then puts out auction style only to get bid up to $670 with tons of shill bids along with a win by the same 0 feedback bidder. Then relisted today for 0.99 and same last auction winner bids again, then cancels and lists for 10K. ?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=atari+lochjaw&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=atari+lochjaw&LH_Complete=1&LH_TitleDesc=0

Edited by taxman