IGNORED

I have a favor to ask a programmer

Are you saying to leave it as a stock 600XL, I am getting the parts to upgrade in to 64 K either today or Wednesday, and the SIO2PC device in about the same amount of time... Russ

I would *always* upgrade to 64k RAM... ;-)

It will be hard to find a sector copy program that works with 16k RAM and since the copy program itself requires some memory (e.g. 2-4 kbytes), you will have less than 16k copy buffer (e.g. only 10-12 kbytes copy buffer). So even with SIO2PC (and without the need to change disks) it will take quite some time to copy one single diskette...

• Like 1

That I am going to do on Thursday or at least my technition friend will, it would have been done last week if my friend had been able to find some dram chips, he had everything else.....

Give me a week and I will have everything that I own copied, I have one copy protected disk to send but it may be damaged as it was bent by the back of the case closing on it 30 years ago.... Ninja on side 1 for PC, side 2 for Atari and Commodore on the other, should be a challenge to copy eh?