IGNORED

Parsec for Atari 2600

hloberg

http://www.2600connection.com/features/parsec/parsec.html

Atari Connection is creating a cartridge of my Atari 2600 game based on TI-99 Parsec. He has done a really nice job on the cartridge and manual.

The game has swoopers, backward swoopers, single Bynite type enemies, meteor shower and even a refueling tunnel.

I had a lot of fun creating this version of TI-99's Parsec for the Atari 2600 and I think it turned out alright.

It's a limited run of about 20 at a price of $25.

I can't wait till I can put my Parsec 2600 in my 2600. There's just something about having a physical cartridge with label, manual and all.

FYI: I also wrote the manual.

HLO

• Like 8

That would be a little hard to justify as I already have a 5200. Now if you ever port Parsec over to this machine, by all means PLEASE let me know.

beautiful system you got there.

Parsec might be that Action! 8-bit project I have been toying with starting. Port to 5200 be easy.

• Like 1

http://www.2600connection.com/features/parsec/parsec.html

Atari Connection is creating a cartridge of my Atari 2600 game based on TI-99 Parsec. He has done a really nice job on the cartridge and manual.

The game has swoopers, backward swoopers, single Bynite type enemies, meteor shower and even a refueling tunnel.

I had a lot of fun creating this version of TI-99's Parsec for the Atari 2600 and I think it turned out alright.

It's a limited run of about 20 at a price of $25.

I can't wait till I can put my Parsec 2600 in my 2600. There's just something about having a physical cartridge with label, manual and all.

FYI: I also wrote the manual.

HLO

Very nice.

• Like 2

Mine arrived today too. It is beautiful work. Many thanks for doing this one!

Thank you. If it sells well enough I 'might' do a sequel. Maybe move it in the direction of an 'R-Type' (very 2600 simplified) type game. So if anyone has any ideas of what might be fun to add?

oh, be a little while, but I'll keep you in mind when I get to that point.

Ugh, forgot Action! has a runtime that is essentially part of the cartridge. Now I don't think I can port Action! to a 5200. Memory is slightly different between the two and the runtime, I have no idea where it would reside. I think I'll need to converse with Atari gurus far smarter than me to see if ca be done and Assembly is a no-go as I just don't have the time.

15 of the Parsec 2600 cartridges have sold! Only 10 more left! Don't miss out!

HIGH SCORE. I want to know how far people are getting on this game so post your high score, PD version or cartridge, to this post. I never got beyond level 5 myself but I suck at video games.

So POST YOUR HIGH SCORE!

Some have asked the differences between the posted downloadable version of Parsec 2600 and the 1.6 purchased cartridge version.

Cartridge version over the downloadable version:

Bug fixes from the dowloadable version to the cartridge version: Some cosmetic others functional. Biggest fixes are the PAUSE wasn't very consistent throughout the program. Sometimes waves it worked, others not. Also RESET wasn't consistent. It would also, on occasion, crash the program.

On the download version you had to use the EXPERT switch at start to invoke the 'choose level / ships' screen. I found this cumbersome so I set it up that all you needed to do was press the Joystick down at start to invoke that screen.

The ending will jump back to the beginning after 20 seconds on the cartridge version.This is to confirm to Atari programming standard. The download version just kept on the scrolling colors screen.

Fine tuned the speed up on the cartridge version a little. The downloadable version speeds up too fast for my taste.

Some of the higher levels were also tweaked a bit to make them more playable.

HLO

• Like 2