IGNORED

Looking for relatively common classic TI arcade games

xabin

Perhaps an extremely cautious rip-off?

I do need to play it more based on your recommendation. Always, I figured it was uglier therefor not as much fun to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's kinda my opinion, too; it doesn't look as appealing, visually, as Pac-Man, and while I'm not going to dismiss it outright, as a result, I'd still like to try out the official Pac-Man for TI, first, for a point of comparison. Then again, I do have fond memories of playing Pac-Man for the Atari 2600 as a kid, so I'm not that well-qualified to make a sound judgment on this...

Does anyone have a list of the educational and non-game cartridges for the TI and their rarity? I'd like to compare what we have with that and see what people would be willing to get from us in exchange for some of the more common games.

I don't know if anyone's got an up-to-date rarity list with the same level of detail other platforms have. I can tell you from some years of experience buying and selling TI stuff that 98% of people want games, and don't care about the other carts. Most of the common educational and productivity carts are hard to get rid of, except as shells to be harvested for new homebrew carts. There are a few exceptions, and sometimes a new TI collector will want one of everything, but I wouldn't get my hopes up that someone's gonna trade you games for Multiplication 1 or Early Learning Fun in any ratio.

I don't know if anyone's got an up-to-date rarity list with the same level of detail other platforms have. I can tell you from some years of experience buying and selling TI stuff that 98% of people want games, and don't care about the other carts. Most of the common educational and productivity carts are hard to get rid of, except as shells to be harvested for new homebrew carts. There are a few exceptions, and sometimes a new TI collector will want one of everything, but I wouldn't get my hopes up that someone's gonna trade you games for Multiplication 1 or Early Learning Fun in any ratio.

Hmm, that sucks.

Bryan Roppolo put a lot of effort into his cartridge rarity list. Here's one version:

https://www.99er.net/rarity.html

Bryan was active (decade ago) in writing for RetroGaming Monthly and searching out programmers for interviews.

Did he ever talk to TI-99/4 game programmers?

Links? Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro