IGNORED

Amiga 600 + Furia Accelerator + WHDLoad Project

Tenorman

Hello All,

I wanted to share the Amiga 600 I have been working on.

-My 600 is a PAL machine with UK keyboard layout. It has been gone over, cleaned, and re-capped (I bought it that way, can't take credit for that).

-The only thing that is wrong with it is that the ground wire for the power LEDs needs to be re-soldered. I think I must have broken it when taking it apart.

-I am using a power supply from an NTSC Amiga 500.

-For the screen, I am using a cheap TV I found that works with both NTSC and PAL. A nice thing about the 600 is you get color composite video without any extra adapters. May upgrade to RGB at some point, but this works for now.

-I am using a trackball mouse. It saves space and also allows you to hold the mouse in your lap for point and click games instead of being hunched over the desk.

-Using a Sega Master System controller for games that support two buttons.

-I am running Kickstart 2.05 and Workbench 2.1. I have not started messing with newer ROMs yet. This seems to work well enough for what I am doing (mainly WHDLoad).

IMG_0556.JPG

Upgrades:

-Additional 1 MB of chip RAM ( 2 MB total).

-Furia Accelerator (http://www.kuchinka.cz/furia/). I needed more memory for WHDLoad, and this accelerator is more readily available (and often cheaper) than PCMCIA SRAM cards.

-8 GB SD card. I used one of those cheap SD card extension cables to route the card to the trapdoor expansion. This lets me access the SD card without taking the computer apart or sacrificing the PCMCIA slot.

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...