IGNORED

I bet you've never seen an Atari personal stereo before

NuY

So there I was, trawling eBay (again) for an XC11 and trying all combinations of Atari tape, cassette etc., when up pops this in the results:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Atari-Walkman-Sealed-in-Blister-New-Old-Stock-Free-Fedex/254247543838?hash=item3b3255a41e:g:nE8AAOSwVKhc7p5Z

I knew Atari did some occasional non-computer hardware (eg. the credit card style calculator that was advertised as a subscription freebie in Atari User all the time), but I had no idea they did audio electronics!

Anyone seen one of these before?

• Like 3

So there I was, trawling eBay (again) for an XC11 and trying all combinations of Atari tape, cassette etc., when up pops this in the results:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Atari-Walkman-Sealed-in-Blister-New-Old-Stock-Free-Fedex/254247543838?hash=item3b3255a41e:g:nE8AAOSwVKhc7p5Z

I knew Atari did some occasional non-computer hardware (eg. the credit card style calculator that was advertised as a subscription freebie in Atari User all the time), but I had no idea they did audio electronics!

Pfft on those headphones.. This thing needs a Speaker Hat!

Was the calculator an actual Atari product, or what we would now call 'swag'? The Atari name on someone else's product used as a promotional item?

• Like 1

I have seen those before on ebay. You can also find the headphones without the walkman. This just a product where another facturer payed to use the Atari name.

The calculators were not made by Atari too. The difference between the walkman is that the calculators were made during the Tramiel era. The walkman is probably produced later when Hasbro (or Infogrames) had the rights to the Atari name.

post-6711-0-73463900-1559662732.jpg

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 5

Was the calculator an actual Atari product, or what we would now call 'swag'? The Atari name on someone else's product used as a promotional item?

I worked at Compucentre in London Ontario during University. We sold the full lines of Atari, Commodore, Apple and IBM computers. We also had Atari calculators for a while. They had an LCD calculator with a history that you could scroll back through and edit. It was pretty impressive at the time.

• Like 1

I worked at Compucentre in London Ontario during University. We sold the full lines of Atari, Commodore, Apple and IBM computers. We also had Atari calculators for a while. They had an LCD calculator with a history that you could scroll back through and edit. It was pretty impressive at the time.

i have 2 calculators - they're ST-styled/coloured.

I used to have one that my dad picked up from an Atari trade show in the late 80's, it was solar powered and had a flexible hinge for the display section. I tried to order one that I believe was the same from the picture in the catalog "CC180 solar 8 digit calculator" but all he has left are non-functional units, so as per Brad's recommendation I got the CC1010 instead. Thought it would be cool to use it on my desk at work, but now that I have it I'm hesitant to break the seal and open the box from it's NIB state!

Q. Can you recommend a similar small Atari brand calculator that works?
A The one Atari Solar calculator ( 6 inch by 6 inch) we use here in our Atari sales office is the CC1010. Cost is U$D 27.95

The other one in the picture is a CC190 which I also recently acquired used, and this will satisfy my desire to have one for actual use. :D

post-53052-0-88148900-1559853368_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

This reminded me the CC190 needs new batteries, so I opened it up to do so, and took a photo while I was at it.

Also got to use it for the first time. The "32 step review memory" is nifty. The 4 operator symbols show on the right edge of the LCD for previous steps too.

post-53052-0-05841800-1559854909_thumb.jpg

post-53052-0-42829700-1559854917_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Cool find! It looks like it might be pirated branding, though; there's something off with the Atari lettering and the Fuji itself.

• Like 1

Neve seen the headphones ever (to answer the question) but have seen the calculators thanks to Brenski posting images elsewhere (on the sector??)

Would love to have both things just for the record but as said, its just badged merchandise and not Atari made..

there are more headphones than we could "shake (the proverbial) stick at"

here's the ones i've seen or owned

>> music headphones - red, blue, white black.

>> music headphones - red, white, blue, yellow, bronze (all with black contrasting sections)

>> music headphones - yellow - with grey contrasting sections, white - both are "square" rather than round in shape

>> gaming headphones - black, khaki - have detachable mic

>> in ear buds - red, white

i currently have three sets of boxed buds), one boxed gaming headset, a blue set of headphones.

about 3 yrs ago, i sold a job lot of many of the above

Edited by Guest