IGNORED

Storing Overlays?

Now that I have a set of reproduction overlays, I need to find a way to store them and quickly find them when I need them. What's the best way to do this? I was thinking about using a binder with some baseball card sleeves in it. Would something like that work? What does everyone else do?

That's exactly what I use: a storage binder for baseball and game cards. This is the specific one that I have, and it's a good match for Intellivision, 5200, and Jaguar overlays:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FVJDV2

(This one has 20 pages, but for controller overlays, a smaller one with fewer pages would probably do the job. Even with a complete Intellivision Flashback overlays collection, mine is only half full.)

• Like 2

I use this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0094J1PC0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Two pockets per side of the page, the binder has 80 sleeves. They also make a four pocket one that has 160 sleeves. With having fewer pockets per page, as you turn the pages to look at them you actually take time to see whats on each page, instead of a 9 pocket model that is overload on the eyes.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I spent the day organizing the basement. Our baby arrived a month early, and just now (2 months later) did I find time to organize things. On the upside, the Intellivision Collection is being curated again. And the gaming station is being finished (5 year old wants to play video games...). But, with the discussion of storing overlays, here is what I use for my homebrew overlays. I like the small size, that its easy to store and get out, and when someone flips through it they can take the time to look at the artwork on each overlay. This is the Ultra Pro 2 pocket that I posted earlier and has 80 pockets total.

With the announcement of boxes (dont mean to open wounds here) for the Flashback Overlays, I ordered the 4-pocket version of this, and has 160 pockets total. Accounting for games with multiple overlays, I should be good.

post-42177-0-54367200-1559718901_thumb.jpeg

post-42177-0-28306100-1559718934_thumb.jpeg

post-42177-0-77748200-1559718972_thumb.jpeg

post-42177-0-20959100-1559718997_thumb.jpeg

post-42177-0-36484400-1559719034_thumb.jpeg

post-42177-0-92070600-1559719069_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2