IGNORED

Hard and often frustrating 'business'

I did another 4 game hard disk adaptations, well - at least all it can work from hard disk. http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd2.php

4 titles at top of table. Not much known games, and some not much well coded, it seems.

I made only 1 with HAGA system, and even in that case I needed to do some fix . Final Conflict: first file in AUTO folder draws title pic, and then it just stucks. Tried with different configs, and no change.

So, I just took screenshot of it, and used as simple bitmap before starting second, main game executable. Game seems as interesting, for patient players.

AV8B Harrier Assault: uses GEM, so no HAGA. Some minor fixes done only.

Ice and Fire: interesting adventure. Coded in some less known basic, and resulting machine code is nightmare to follow. So, I was not able to solve disk change detection override in reasonable time - for case that all files go in 1 directory. Or 1 disk image. Solution is in Virtual Floppy - 3 images of original floppies, and disk (image) change then works. And there is benefit: works with 512 K machines too, no need for 1M .

Here must say that no images of original, no cover pic scan. D-Bug crk. is useless - will be not able to play after short time - seems related with disk change detection. SuperGau crk is OK.

Cars: was not published for sale. I'm even not sure that it is finished 100% . But looks very nice, so worth to try. ST image only for now ... Src. Atarimania.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, jefffulton said:

Nice work PP!  I'm going to have to pull these out and play them. Did you put your new TOS on roms chips that we can purchase yet?

I don't program EPROM chips ahead, because people who order it may choose some options, so I put it together according to that. Programming self doesn't need much time - I mean programming of EPROMs,  programming code on other side needs really lot of time ?  And it's not like I have 10 orders per day ?

Just finishing last feature - in other thread mentioned integrated partitioner, after that will be no updates for loooong time, for sure. Despite I have complete partitioner SW, with my sources, this takes little more time because complete new user interface - only to test is my idea about how to do it - is it usable - that took 1 whole day. Why new user interface - to make it shorter, so can fit in remaining ROM space.

5 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

I don't program EPROM chips ahead, because people who order it may choose some options, so I put it together according to that. Programming self doesn't need much time - I mean programming of EPROMs,  programming code on other side needs really lot of time ?  And it's not like I have 10 orders per day ?

Just finishing last feature - in other thread mentioned integrated partitioner, after that will be no updates for loooong time, for sure. Despite I have complete partitioner SW, with my sources, this takes little more time because complete new user interface - only to test is my idea about how to do it - is it usable - that took 1 whole day. Why new user interface - to make it shorter, so can fit in remaining ROM space.

I need to open up my STE and see how many chips the rom set is (I guess 2 because I don't think there were 6 chip STEs)
I'll send you a PM when I figure out what I'll need.  How much $$ are you charging for a set?

1 hour ago, jefffulton said:

I need to open up my STE and see how many chips the rom set is (I guess 2 because I don't think there were 6 chip STEs)
I'll send you a PM when I figure out what I'll need.  How much $$ are you charging for a set?

I really don't want to talk here about prices. There is thread dedicated to it:  https://atariage.com/forums/topic/285930-improved-atari-tos-versions-available/

And there is link at start to WEBpage with details, price. Of course, you can PM me too.

In STE are always 2 ROM chips, in most cases 32 pin EPROMs, and that's what I shipping too.