IGNORED

Load save state returns error 3

I saved some states of a basic program in Altirra 3.10 on my desktop to be able to return to that exact conditions. When I open them on my laptop with Altirra 3.10 (same configuration) the program crashes with ERROR- 3 (value error) at a line using the RND function. If I type RUN the program runs with no errors, but I have lost my saved state of the program.

I have saved states many times before that use the RND function and they loaded fine.

Any idea what is happening?

I would have to see the save state file to be sure, but one thing to keep in mind is that Altirra's save state system only works with base hardware. It does not save the state of add-on hardware devices, which includes Ultimate1MB. Also, the save state does not contain the BASIC ROM. The emulator should be verifying the checksum, but if for any reason it ends up trying to run the save state on a slightly different revision of BASIC you can get errors like this.

• Like 2