IGNORED

Moving files between NANOPEB and PEB floppy stations.

GDMike

I don't own a TIPI yet, only the raspberry at this time. But is there a way to move my block Turboforth images from NANO peb to my regular PEB? I only have an RS232 card and no software on floppy. Is there a way to move the data via minimem? I guess hot swap is out..I don't really want to test my only good nano out that way. Hmm one thing I didn't think of was cassette? But I don't own a recorder but I do have cables. What ideas do you have. Thanks

easiest way is HDX over rs232.. you can hook up a cable straight through and do a disk image transfer..

yes but do you need to first get a floppy disk of HDX? I know that SAVE RS232 and OLD RS232 can transfer BASIC programs but that's a limited vector.

It seems like there has always been a need for a jumpstart solution to this.

I imagine passing a Minimem back and forth between two systems. Like in the old days of copying floppies when you only had one drive.

I could borrow some code from SuperSave and XModem, add some interface glue, and have it run out of a 4K MiniMem or 8K SuperCart.

Requirements: 32K and disk on console 1, only disk on console 2, one Minimem cartridge.

yeah, i just read the NANO "Disk3" Blocks file in basic with MiniMem loaded and was able to suck 3 blocks into that 4K space and pull it out with TurboForth on TIPEB Disk system. its fine at 3 blocks since im just writing small sub types. I just don't wanna be spending time on real floppies. Now maybe i should write an encryption code to squeeze the air out of my blocks file before sending to MM then i could possibly get 4 Blocks into MM? lol

Edited by GDMike

yeah, i just read the NANO "Disk3" Blocks file in basic with MiniMem loaded and was able to suck 3 blocks into that 4K space and pull it out with TurboForth on TIPEB Disk system. its fine at 3 blocks since im just writing small sub types. I just don't wanna be spending time on real floppies. Now maybe i should write an encryption code to squeeze the air out of my blocks file before sending to MM then i could possibly get 4 Blocks into MM? lol

why not a FORTH program to put it in there? just copy 4 blocks directly to memory at >7000, then do the opposite on your destination system.

• Like 1

because, in my case, i cannot have the TF module and MiniMem in the Cart. port at the same time. One uses FG99, the other is a real MM. But I did try FG99 MM just to see if it would save to the SD Card by chance. naaa..that would only make sense haha..im such a Smart ass!! i

I wish i knew which trace to cut on MM so i could prevent it from rebooting the Console though. thanks.

because, in my case, i cannot have the TF module and MiniMem in the Cart. port at the same time. One uses FG99, the other is a real MM. But I did try FG99 MM just to see if it would save to the SD Card by chance. naaa..that would only make sense haha..im such a Smart ass!! i

I wish i knew which trace to cut on MM so i could prevent it from rebooting the Console though. thanks.

Why don't you use hdxs

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I don't have ANY other diskette based SW, no cables. But i have all other HW, incl RS232..sAMS, FG99, flashrom, and the all mighty TForth. But im inching towards TIpi when we get more made. Just note, my TF work was even harder to port from classic99. im only using 2-3 blocks at a time anyway unless its like a complete charset rebuild that would take more blocks to port, but moving 3 blocks from MM takes 5 mins. in basic. once the TIPEB fires up then it all gets simple.

Edited by GDMike

Oops.. I did not realize TF was a cartridge. I am a plain TI FORTH guy still (but owns a fbFORTH cartridge)

You put tape over or cut trace #1

http://www.unige.ch/medecine/nouspikel/ti99/pinouts.htm#Cartridge

Mini Memory has another interesting feature where the GROM READY finger is shorter than the others. I don't know why.