IGNORED

Stella 6.0.1 released

stephena

This is a small release that improves support for a few bankswitching schemes:
  • Added support for CDFJ bankswitching type (Galaga, Wizard of War, etc).
  • Allow the DPC+ scheme to not enable playfield 'jitter' effect for certain older DPC+ driver versions; this allows 'Epic Adventure' ROM to finally work in Stella.

Note that this release is based on code older than the recent 6.1 betas. Many bugfixes and new features have been done for 6.1, but none of these are included here. This is simply version 6.0 with the above two changes back-ported from 6.1. As for why we would do this, I leave it to your imagination :)

As usual, you can download from here, and if you like make a donation here.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

As always, thank you for this! Always glad to see a new update. On a side note, McDonalds in the US is doing a promotion where they have 4 items from other McDonalds around the world. They have the Tomato and Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich from you guys up there north of the border. It was pretty darn good! Best part was between 2-5PM, they were basically giving them away. All you had to do was give ANY piece of foreign currency in any denomination, and you could pick one of the four items. I really liked the chicken. I am sure it is better up there though, as you guys do not use all the preservatives we use down here. I have traveled many times to Canada with many different friends, and they all think I am nuts for wanting to go to McDonalds. Then when they taste it, they see why I wanted to go. So much better.

Thanks. Is this question on your FAQ page? I can't find it:

Is it better to uninstall the previous version of Stella before installing the latest release?

Doesn't matter, since the new version will always overwrite the old one anyway.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Stephen,

Happy New Year to you.

I'm in the process of finally getting Atari Dev Studio updated and fully tested for macOS operation.  I'm a bit stuck as to how you would call Stella from a process and pass through a binary to launch it. 

I've managed to get 'open "/path/Stella.app"' to open Stella for me but calling 'open "/path/Stella.app" "/path/program.bin"' just opens the file browser.  I'm not a mac user so I may very well be barking up the wrong tree here!!

Any suggestions you could offer?

Thanks again.

@DirtyHairy is our resident Stella MacOS user/developer, so he may have a better approach to this.  On a Mac, 'app' packages are actually folders containing the binary, icons, and a bunch of other stuff.  So I think you need to specify the full path to the binary within the app folder.  I'm not near a Mac right now, so I can't say the exact path.  Have a look in the 'app' directory to get the location of the binary, and use that in your command above.

Of course there may also be a bug, since launching from the commandline hasn't really been tested all that much in the Mac version (since most people don't use the commandline at all on that system).  If it ends up being a bug, please report it at https://github.com/stella-emu/stella/issues.

And finally, Stella 6.0.2 has been released, so you should probably use that one.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Stephen for your reply - yes currently have 6.0.2 (sorry found this post after a quick look). Karl G has provided a potential solution for me to try over in my Dev Studio post:

open -a Stella /path/rom 

Will try that out or we can see if DirtyHairy has a suggestion. Thanks again ?