IGNORED

Gatefold Learning Fun II Box?

cvga

I picked up a bunch of stuff from JHC years ago. I got many games in the wrong box with photo copied black and white "correct" boxes glued on the front of the box.

Most games came in Super Pro Skiing and Diner boxes. Didn't matter to me. I just wanted to play the games anyway.

The most disappointing thing was my spiker cart came with a cracked board. I tried soldering broken runs, but it was cracked very close to the rom, a surface mount with black dome over it.

Plus the LABEL for the cart was a piece of paper barely stuck on. But it was the last one they had. So, I only got a refund. I still have the cart... Do I have a spiker? I can be in the 125 club if so... LOL

• Like 1

I picked up a bunch of stuff from JHC years ago. I got many games in the wrong box with photo copied black and white "correct" boxes glued on the front of the box.

What is JHC? I looked up the part number on the box and it looks like this one was made from a Tennis box.

Back around 1995, I purchased about $3000 worth of games in one shot. Multiple copies of Super Pro games etc. I also got a bunch of unformed cart boxes overlays, instruction manuals etc. http://www.intvfunhouse.com/faq/intv_faq7.php

7.7 - You've really messed up and are wondering what to do....

(This information was provided by our friend Keith Robinson from the Blue Sky Rangers, inclusion of this info does not serve as an endorsement... Well, heck, unless someone else knows someone who officially repair Intellivision equipment, this HAS to be an endorsement =) )

One of the most asked questions we get at the Blue Sky Rangers is "Where can I get my Intellivision repaired?" Well, the official Intellivision repair service (i.e. the one Mattel still refers people to when they call) is:

J.H.C. Electronics Service

901 South Fremont Avenue #108

Alhambra, California 91803

phone: 818-308-1685

fax: 818-308-1548

J.H.C. is owned by James Hann, the guy who ran the repair service for INTV Corporation. While their primary business is special controllers for newer video game systems, they still have the equipment to test and repair Intellivisions and are (amazingly) still willing to do it.

They advertise: "J.H.C. Electronics will repair any Intellivision video game system, no matter where or when purchased, for one low price! Complete overhaul, thorough testing, no-charge return shipping to you -- only $49.95."

[Yes, we know used, working units sell for half that in the newsgroup, but that wasn't the question, was it?]

J.H.C. can also repair IntelliVoice and computer modules. Call for prices.

Note: They do NOT have Intellivision II power supplies. They get asked that all the time, and they looked into having some made, but the minimum order is 500. J.H.C. has 100 people on a list now, and if they get 400 more commitments they'll have a batch made up. We wouldn't hold our breath, unless someone wants to pay $3,000 for the first one to get the ball rolling. Still, if you want to be added to the list, e-mail us at makingit@netcom.com; we'll pass them along to James if a significant number of people write.

Finally, if you've visited the Blue Sky Rangers web site lately, you'll have noticed we posted the instructions on how to modify your Intellivision or INTV Master Component to work with the System Changer (only the Intellivision II works with the System Changer as is). For those of you who don't want to mess with doing this yourself, J.H.C. says they'll do the modification for $20. Cheap insurance not to destroy your Intellivision, your house, or yourself.

If you do contact J.H.C., please let them know the Blue Sky Rangers sent you!

• Like 2

Yeah, I sold a bunch of this stuff on ebay. I just wanted to complete my collection and sell the rest for enough to cover my cost.

I was more than successful. After I recouped my costs, I sold the remaining in one transaction pretty cheap... Some money and a few games I didn't have and a colecovision console.

Unfortunately for me, the super pro skiing carts I sold were $30... This was right before the uptick in that games price. Timing is everything.

However, I did sell an empty stadium mud buggies box for like $90. I was expecting $10 or less. I kept emailing the bidders... "This is just the box...No game" They all replied, "I Know".

Wish I had a few more of those boxes! LOL

Oh one more thing I remember, I bought a bunch of SP Skiing, They sent me the Correct box, but most of the boxes contained the original skiing carts.

I found out after the first sale... I then had to open all the boxes to see what version was in the box...

Also, I had a bunch of SP Golf's and I had someone looking for the Caddy vs. Caddie spelling variation, So I looked through all of those too. I don't remember what I found? That was a long time ago....

I could have made more $ but was tired of going to UPS all the time!

Lol. Saw that earlier and at first I thought it was weird sun fading. That is a strange auction.