IGNORED

HSC16 Round 10: Bounty Bob Strikes Back!

I've pretty much pasted this in, bad jokes and all, from last time we played, way back in season 8 :!:

If you're thinking about joining in please do so, it's fun If you need any help just post. Checkout the Beginners Guide for more details. If you've missed any rounds there will be a chance to catch up soon ;)

Bounty Bob Strikes Back

This is a longer round than usual, if you want some extra action please join in The Month of M*U*L*E Torney here in the HSC :)

Round closes Sunday 30th June 10pm GMT

Download the game here:

One of the best games ever. If you've only played Miner 2049'er then you'll need to get to grips with Bounty Bob's additional 'controllable' jump. It's tricky at first but is soon mastered! Basically press fire when not moving and then when in the air move left or right to land. Practice the jumping: Stand over the post of the first teleporter and repeatedly jump from one side to the other, landing level with the posts; then land in between the posts until you master it, a little tap is all you need :thumbsup:

Special Rules

• If you have played BBSB beore you will be aware of the many shortcuts and options. BUT you have to start from scratch here - If you receive any 'secret messages' whilst playing you can act on them on future goes (some cracked versions do not have the secret messages).
  • Press [Option] to access the Game Adjustment screen: enable the 'Pause Key' [escape] here.
  • Players who haven't won a HSC round this season may start with an extra 4th life and set the bonus man at 10,000 instead of 20,000
  • Players may take the hair cut Option 100 (Hair Cut 100 was an 80s band!) but there's a 20,000 point penalty for doing so, no not HSC points silly icon_mrgreen.gif (Tell me in your post if you've been to Barber Ned). If like me the acid rain took a lot of beating back in the day then you might seriously consider this icon_exclaim.gif
  • Players who really find the game too difficult can enable the full cheat mode and start on any screen you wish; you will get some points for each screen you complete in a go (using the 4 lives only)

Bonus Points

• 2pt bonus for completing the game using warps.
  • 7pt bonus for completing the game without using warps.
  • bonus challenges - Set options to C'mon level, 1 man, no bonus:
  • #1 Only for players who have never completed the game before - 1pt bonus for Highest score for screen 1. (pause the game at the start of screen 2 for a screen shot).
  • #2 If you have completed the game before or just fancy a harder challenge - 1pt bonus for Highest score for screens 1 and 2 combined.

If you'd like to know more about the game then checkout the superb Big 5 web-site also has screenshots of all the levels icon_smile.gif

Game On !

• Like 2

Yes deteacher I too was looking forward to the rematch :) I've not played since last time. I'm going for no warps and no practising any screens!

Had my first session too, we'll I'm having that "just one more go now", I really want to use my quickshot but the button is usually only about 95% but after hammering the cr*p out of it playing Fort Apocalypse it seems to be pretty good (gets oxidised I think) so fingers crossed - I gave it an extra press on the Rest Stop #1 jumps!!

Very rusty and nervous first session, couldn't remember where to go, utter panic at times :-o what was that old saying "leap before you look" :-D

49,450 (5)

53,800 (6)

54,310 (6)

115,910 (12) The Acid Rain still scared me too much! (I'm playing with my hat on!)

What I really like is off-roading where you go jumping around from ledge to ledge, usually on the screens with the slides

:)

Like I said on the first post I want everyone to enjoy playing so use the Special Code to start on any screen and try them all out, in any order, 4 lives max per screen. Post which screens you have completed - after completing the game the following special code lets you start on any level but fandal's version has this info:

use secret code 61.800 at the option menu, then press F+OPTION and during game you can press A for previous level, B for back to the place where Bob was standing last, F for free flying and invincibility, Q for next level, Z for restarting level or numerical keys for teleportation to a certain level (e.g. 06:10)

post-19705-0-22229400-1560248617.jpg

• Like 2

Default settings: 10.550

post-4219-0-81910700-1560262783.png

As I didn't win a round yet, I'll make use of the bonus man from next try on.

Bounty Bob is truly one of the gems of the Atari, even if jumping has become a bit more difficult here.

• Like 2

I had a few tries last night, I think i played this game before but I'm essentially starting from scratch. I got to the 5th screen, 46k ish

:thumbsup: Make sure the copy you have has the secret messages* - I think if you reach screen 5 you will get the first one at the end of your go. Some of the hacked copies don't have them. Then you can use the learned warps to get to various start points, I suspect you will complete the game this way and then can try a run from the start if you have time :)

* can someone confirm if fandal's copy has them or not

Yes deteacher I too was looking forward to the rematch :) I've not played since last time. I'm going for no warps and no practising any screens!

Had my first session too, we'll I'm having that "just one more go now", I really want to use my quickshot but the button is usually only about 95% but after hammering the cr*p out of it playing Fort Apocalypse it seems to be pretty good (gets oxidised I think) so fingers crossed - I gave it an extra press on the Rest Stop #1 jumps!!

Very rusty and nervous first session, couldn't remember where to go, utter panic at times :-o what was that old saying "leap before you look" :-D

49,450 (5)

53,800 (6)

54,310 (6)

115,910 (12) The Acid Rain still scared me too much! (I'm playing with my hat on!)

What I really like is off-roading where you go jumping around from ledge to ledge, usually on the screens with the slides

:)

Like I said on the first post I want everyone to enjoy playing so use the Special Code to start on any screen and try them all out, in any order, 4 lives max per screen. Post which screens you have completed - after completing the game the following special code lets you start on any level but fandal's version has this info:

use secret code 61.800 at the option menu, then press F+OPTION and during game you can press A for previous level, B for back to the place where Bob was standing last, F for free flying and invincibility, Q for next level, Z for restarting level or numerical keys for teleportation to a certain level (e.g. 06:10)

I'm also playing from scratch, no warps and no practicing screens. I'm wearing the hat too. He just looks weird without it. :)

If you enter code 40 in the special codes, it fills the high score table with scores. Then when you finish a game and put in your score, you get a pretty cool animation sequence, featuring the evil Yukon Yohan.

• Like 1

:thumbsup: Make sure the copy you have has the secret messages* - I think if you reach screen 5 you will get the first one at the end of your go. Some of the hacked copies don't have them. Then you can use the learned warps to get to various start points, I suspect you will complete the game this way and then can try a run from the start if you have time :)

* can someone confirm if fandal's copy has them or not

I got my copy from Fandal's site and I got a message after the 5th screen I think. This allowed me to warp to the 4th screen.

I'm not sure about completing the game, I'm finding it very difficult. I just spent an hour trying to beat the 6th screen (jumps 101?). Anyway I did it in the end and the following screen looked equally as daunting!

Edited by McKong
  • Like 1

Thanks RT :thumbsup:

I'm also playing from scratch, no warps and no practicing screens. I'm wearing the hat too. He just looks weird without it. :)

If you enter code 40 in the special codes, it fills the high score table with scores. Then when you finish a game and put in your score, you get a pretty cool animation sequence, featuring the evil Yukon Yohan.

I'd forgotten about that one, yes everyone give that one a try, press [Option] after setting the Special Code in the game options screen.

I got my copy from Fandal's site and I got a message after the 5th screen I think. This allowed me to warp to the 4th screen.

I'm not sure about completing the game, I'm finding it very difficult. I just spent an hour trying to beat the 6th screen (jumps 101?). Anyway I did it in the end and the following screen looked equally as daunting!

There's a great learing curve, Jumping 101 takes a while but you can make more full (safer) jumps and drops than you think. I used to do this level flat out but I've no idea how :-o

Level 6 the grain elevator just take it steady and go round and round to start with, but the level is a good one for "off-roading" ;)

My latest offering: 148,310. Almost finished the hydraulic lifts.

You're now ahead of me :thumbsup: had my 2nd session still at the start of the Acid Rain (seriously considering wussing out and taking the hair cut!) though have improved my Jumping 101, level 8 still causing me more grief than it should, once you have a preferred route the levels are easier, it's the hesitation that gets you :-o

post-19705-0-64950300-1560338374.jpgpost-19705-0-97474500-1560338381.jpg

and C'mon Challenge #2 14,400 (not including the 20pts from level 3 for the 2 squares he starts on)

The Big-5 Web-site has screenshots of all the levels :)

• Like 1

Yukons Penthose

This game is quite tricky..... but no Lode Runner ;-)

*Probably get banned for that comment ;-)

this post has been reported :D

spoiler: Hands up on the penthouse who didn't clear the top bug on their first go ;)

Made some progress, made it to level 8

Level 8 is quite interesting as the route is not fixed - I still haven't found my best one, this is the fun of the replays you do try/suss bits. Everyone will note that the keyboard numbers teleport directly to the stations, or you can wait for the flashing thingy.

Last nights session I had two goes both failed on the Acid Raid, the 2nd one I had more men and nearly did it, just need to figure out a couple of bits so hopefully next session. Still making me jump when I get fried :)

post-19705-0-56310800-1560429208.jpg

• Like 1

Ok up to 10 now, albeit using the warps. I'll try a run without warps at some point

:thumbsup: There's "only" 25 levels so plenty of time to do it this way.

Made it past the Hydraulic Lifts. Got to Yukon's Revenge: 151,840.

I might have one more go in me tonight.

post-19705-0-19823400-1560503410.jpg

Got past the Acid Rain last night, then came in to play BBSB :-D unsurprisingly then failed abysmally on the Hydraulic Lifts... looking forward to today's session(s) :)

• Like 1