IGNORED

HSC16 Round 10: Bounty Bob Strikes Back!

Default settings (despite I haven't won a HSC round). After several attempts I reached level 2, but just barely.

BBSB - 10250 pts 17530 pts

[EVERYONE] at least set the extra life to 10k and lives to 4 on the [option]s screen. Practice the jumping as instucted in the first post; once you have a feel for this it's not too hard. Also you can start on any screen if you can get the cheat mode to work / use a cracked copy - this way you can see/enjoy/complete various screens for some points.

Level 2 - Space will restart/stop the Utility Hoist, if you find yourself marooned (browned?!) at the bottom of the screen you can enter the phone number from Miner 2049'er's title screen to self-fry (I used to know it so here's a guess 213 7826861 off to check.. ... oh yeaah that's the one thing I CAN remember :!: )

Got past the Hydraulic Lifts last night but Yukon's Revenge was a jump too far - I'd totally forgotten about that screen :-o :-D

post-19705-0-84325400-1560602759.jpgpost-19705-0-84625900-1560602765.jpg

c'mon Challenge #2 - 14,620 think I can still find a few more bits to shortcut :grin:

• Like 1

I actually owned the 2049er cartridge back in the day... Might of been one of the first games I ever had along with Ghost Encounters.

Never completed 2049er (shame)..........but started playing it again. Will try again as practice for BBSB.

post-48102-0-40472200-1560614589_thumb.jpg

:-)

Edited by RedThunder
  • Like 3

Was playing a game last night...got all the way to the hydraulic lifts without losing a life.  I lost ALL my lives on that level because of stupid things I knew NOT to do.  I lost 2 of my lives dropping off the same ledge I knew I couldn't drop off.  I had a total brain freeze on that level last night.

So, my offering today (for now) is the C'mon 2 screen bonus challenge:  14,660!

Cmon 14660.png

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RedThunder said:

I actually owned the 2049er cartridge back in the day... Might of been one of the first games I ever had along with Ghost Encounters.

Never completed 2049er (shame)..........but started playing it again.  Will try again as practice for BBSB.

:-)

Not got the cart anymore? If you have / perhaps you might remember this: I think my friend had a cart - did a level, perhaps the pulverisers when you played on skill 10(?) have the Super Energy Jumps so you could jump right across the sreen (this is later used as a feature for a level on BBSB I think)

BBSB I've had a bunch of goes but still not completed Yukon's Revenge all around 150k 157,260 is my best:

Now then, who's been changin me forum ??

BBSB.jpg

Free Fallin.jpg

• Like 1

I had another go yesterday during the forum upgrade. This time with 4 lives and bonus man at 10K. I'm slowly beginning to understand how jumping is carried out, though sometimes I forget what I'm doing. Still I haven't cleared level 2, even with these settings.

Bounty Bob Strikes Back - 22020 pts, level 2

bbsb-22020.jpg.de5e5db63778bd783460514334741ace.jpg

• Like 2

This is definitely one of those "just one more game" games.  Made it to the Advanced Cannon (Level 22) with a score of 222,030!

By the way, anyone else notice that the mutants in their deadly form look like little teddy bears rocking out on guitars, or is it just me?  ?

BBSB 222030.png

Edited by Deteacher
  • Like 2

darn that deteacher! todays goes were not good but I did manage an improvement on the c'mon challenge #2: 14,670 ?‍♀️what the hell are these stupid new emoticons, wibble!

Cmon2a.jpg.bb0c052e3625f3c1fa916ed4e6531bb7.jpg

Pete what do you want to do when you've complete Easy post a score and we'll assign points for the men left or carry on (my notes had me retiring at 1.4m not sure if that was from the start or with warps)?

[]I'm trying to remove the other old screeenshot but I can't see how?Can't see how to not post signature either?

way to go McKong, you'll soon be ahead of me at this rate.

carlsson level 2 is easier than you think at first -

do the left using the lift, then bottom, then the right side you can do from the top without using the lift again.

there's a frickin spider crawling on my screen now, not 100% sure it's the forum or a realbountyspider :D

BBSB.jpg

• Like 1

So, once the game ends, that's it, it doesn't continue, unless you want to do something like this:

Final score on easy, then set the game to the next difficulty, set lives to however many you had left, set extra lives to none, then continue on.  Add whatever your score is to whatever you got from the easy complete game.

Seems a bit tedious, but it could work...but let's not put the cart before the horse.  Still have some pretty tough levels ahead of me.  :)

23 hours ago, Deteacher said:

So, once the game ends, that's it, it doesn't continue, unless you want to do something like this:

Final score on easy, then set the game to the next difficulty, set lives to however many you had left, set extra lives to none, then continue on.  Add whatever your score is to whatever you got from the easy complete game.

Seems a bit tedious, but it could work...but let's not put the cart before the horse.  Still have some pretty tough levels ahead of me.  :)

I can't remember but there is room for the million digit and my notes said 1.4m retired so perhaps it does continue, either way lets stop it "when" we bear it and score up, then we can play c'mon from the start if we have time (no practising that until we have done easy).

(spider escaped)

Managed to get to Advanced Suction Pipes 179,690, am really getting some sceens down and finding some good routes, very pleased with level 10 now as it was a pain.  Pressure getting to me too as starting to lose lives on Bonus Level #1 !!

C'mon 2 - 14,750 not sure I can remember which way that was but I think there might be another 10 or 20 there somewhere!!

470479762_Cmon2.jpg.d02ac53fca86850f20c26be015f2ba7a.jpg

22 hours ago, spookt said:

One of my favourite games of all time and I have been soo busy I haven't had time to play yet! ? Maybe tomorrow ...

Plenty of time, this is a 3 weeker folks!

Will do the first tables tomorrow :)

• Like 1

This game is starting to get it's revenge on me.  I couldn't get past Yukon's Penthouse last night without losing a life.  Not sure what was wrong with me, but it was very frustrating.  Fortunately, I have 3-day weekends all summer long, so I expect to get some serious gaming done this weekend.  :)

On a more interesting note, I noticed when Bounty Bob is moving, watch his arms.  As they swing back and forth, they make the Atari symbol.  I wonder if that was done on purpose.  Little Easter Egg, perhaps?  :)

Finished the game!  (Using warps.)  ;)

Just going for the 2 point bonus.  For the record, I didn't use the big warp (level 2 to 22) until it popped up from playing normally.

Finished With Warps.png

Now, to try to finish this thing playing from the start.  Let the insanity begin!  

Edited by Deteacher
  • Like 1

There are some levels where there's a set path.  Level 1, for example.  There's pretty much only one way to clear it.  

My tip is for levels that don't have one clear path to beating it:  Take out the mutants first, even if it means doubling back to clear missed bits.  Once the mutants are taken care of, then the only way you can die is by missing a jump.  Plus, it will be easier to figure out a path when there are no enemies on the screen.  As you get better at a given level, you'll be able to take your path with the mutants on screen and clear it right quick.  

I'll make some videos of how I clear some of the levels.  There's actually a decent path to take on Acid Rain that doesn't involve much doubling back.

I'll start with the dreaded Acid Rain.  Stay tuned.  :)

• Like 1