IGNORED

HSC16 Round 10: Bounty Bob Strikes Back!

Ok, it took me 90+ minutes of active gameplay but finally I cleared level 2... I'll simply have to admit these platform games like Bounty Bob Strikes Back, Lode Runner, Donkey Kong Jr, Hard Hat Mack, Jumpman Jr, Mr Robot etc aren't really my forte.

Bounty Bob Strikes Back - 22580 pts, just reached level 3 (starting with 4 lives, bonus man at 10000 pts)

bbsb-22580.thumb.jpg.42db75d3cadfa4e8668da20a7dcc4066.jpg

On 6/23/2019 at 6:58 PM, Deteacher said:

254,980!   Made it to the final level (Floating Transporter) but I didn't last long.  Only had one life left and I lost it on a cheap death.  :(

I'm determined to beat this today! 

I've not had a session for a couple of days - last time I reached the acid rain without losing a life but then cracked up, will be seriously hitting the bricks again this week !

Nice route on the acid rain; I take the 2nd top platform from the little lift on the left to avoid the vertical drop down under the rain - a longer way.

carlsson - well done, you will start cruising past 1 and 2, level 3 and 4 are fairly easy once you have checked them out.

EVERYONE WHO HAS NOT WON A HSC ROUND THIS SEASON PLEASE USE THE 4 LIVES AND EXTRA MAN AT 10K - [OPTION]'S SCREEN !

First tables

BBSB's Top Achievers

1st   Deteacher                  254,980  12pts+2pts
  2nd  therealbountybob        176,500  11pts
  3rd   McKong                     119,670  10pts
  4th   RedThunder                 64,590  9pts
  5th   jblenkle                      38,210  8pts
  6th   carlsson                      22,580  7pts
  7th   slx                             10,550  6pts
  8th   roadrunner                  10,240  5pts
  9th   Sikor                            9,490  4pts

C'Mon Challenge 1
c'mon guys just beat the first screen in 1 man on c'mon (see first post)!

C'Mon Challenge 2
  1st   therealbountybob          14,750     1pt
  2nd   Deteacher                   14,660    

• Like 1

I played last night.  Got all the way to the sliding candelabra without losing a life.  Died twice there, then lost 2 more on the mobile suction unit.  Last life was lost on Mutants on the move because they pretty much stayed where I needed to get to, and killed my clock, forcing me to take a chance.  Didn't work out too well.  :(

frustrated head GIF

• Haha 1

Energy food bars twice today so making steady progress. I remembered there was something funny about that level and still got caught by it!!

BBSB.jpg.c4c54b1a6c25e1d0ef49282510c69889.jpg

Now what to vote for? So many good choices!

Now what about Yukon Yohan, what's the story there? What we know is he lives in an opulent penthouse (lv7) with fine things but has the role of Janitor on the Top Achievers screen, maybe he is semi retired these days :ponder:

p.s. Congratulations spookt ?

• Like 2

29500, almost finished Tubes.

BBSB 29500 L3.png

And with a little practice made it through the tubes and into level 4 with 36.060.

BBSB 3606 L4.png

No one up for challenge #1 so far?

Got 8750 points on level 1 (minus those for the tile I'm standing on) using one life.

BBSB L1 one man 8750.png

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 10:06 PM, slx said:

29500, almost finished Tubes.

And with a little practice made it through the tubes and into level 4 with 36.060.

No one up for challenge #1 so far?

Got 8750 points on level 1 (minus those for the tile I'm standing on) using one life.

[everyone] The challenges are on c'mon difficulty - set in the [Option]s screen but for now you are in the lead for at least having a go!

Level 3 the only trick is to get straight up the tube after getting all the squares and head down the ladder to get the bug on the lower platform before the prize wears off. You can be cautious and set tube 1 back to the start platform and it sometimes will save you or give you an escape route!

Now then, I made it to B.B.'s Candellabra before leaping to my doom 192,280 need to crack 1-2 screens each day if I'm going to do it in time :D

BBSB.jpg

• Like 1

I've been playing for a solid 1-2 hours each night.  Last night, I got to the last level and I got through 3/4 of it before I made a stupid mistake and lost my last life.  I was SOOO angry.  This game is really bringing out the worst in me.

I had a great game going tonight.  I was at the cannon with 4 lives, but I paused it to eat dinner.  When I went to resume the game, I accidentally reset the game!  AAAARRRRGGGHHH!

frustrated frustration GIF

Edited by Deteacher
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Deteacher said:

I've been playing for a solid 1-2 hours each night.  Last night, I got to the last level and I got through 3/4 of it before I made a stupid mistake and lost my last life.  I was SOOO angry.  This game is really bringing out the worst in me.

I had a great game going tonight.  I was at the cannon with 4 lives, but I paused it to eat dinner.  When I went to resume the game, I accidentally reset the game!  AAAARRRRGGGHHH!

Yes the dinner stops or any break are a game killer, not time today but will play this all weekend!!

6 hours ago, McKong said:

C'mon 2 16050. You just have to play through the 1st two screens right? Any special settings?

Just in 1 man on c'mon :thumbsup:

Frustration story #3,592:

I got to level 24 with 3 lives remaining.  I'm thinking "This is it!  I'm gonna do it."

I lost 2 lives on this level because the mutants on the middle section hovered around the area I needed to clear and ran my clock out...TWICE!  On my last life, they were pulling that crap again and I had to take a big chance.  I got lucky and was able to clear it and finish the level.  I'll just come out and say it.  Level 24 isn't fair.  They seem to know where you need to go and they're always right there to guard that section of the mine.

I haven't played the last level enough times to figure it out completely.  I'm not giving up, though.  This isn't about winning the week anymore...it's about beating this game!  I have the next 2 days off and I'm finishing this, if it kills me.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, McKong said:

120690 small improvement but failed again on acid rain

C'mon 2 16100

Are you on PAL or NTSC for this, I'm wondering how you've got 16,100 as I thought at 14750 (PAL) I had it about maxxed out?! and deteacher I guess is on NTSC with similar score. Maybe you just found something we didn't of course. Perhaps if we all post our first screen scores so we can all compare incase it's an emulator/oxygen timer issue :ponder:

That Acid Rain screen was a real sticking point in the day, many late nights with my BBSB cassette loaded :) Try the teleporter first just do the top piece like in deteacher's video then go back and take the slide near the teleporter. Later use the left top lift and jump right onto the 2nd platform then drop off left, take the slide: at the bottom of the slide in the middle you need to jump up and move left past the rain to land on the lower platform - though it might be better to clear the bottom two bugs at the start of the level before this and position the sliding lift under the slide to save having to jump.

Yes deteacher we must finish it!!

Finally finished it on my last life, using no warps!  265,380!

I decided to slow down and take fewer risks and that strategy paid off.  I lost a lot of bonus on the hydraulic lifts because I forgot to nab the enemy at the top left, so I had to figure a new strategy to killing him.  

So, the game ends after going through all 25 levels (at least on the version I'm playing.)  Not sure if different versions allow for playing on or not.  TRBB, how do you want to deal with this.  Call it done after level 25?  Here's another suggestion:  For the ability to continue on, set the game to the next difficulty level with the number of lives you had left (in my case, 1) with no bonus life.  Then continue until the last life is gone.  Add that score to the final score from the finished game.

Honestly, I'm cool with just ending it and being done, but it's up to you.  :)

Finished!.png

BBSB 265380.png

• Like 2

I'm glad I said 10PM tonight as I felt like cr*p since thursday evening and didn't feel up to anything yesterday. Not too bad this morning and have reached the Mobile Suction Tubes "holy sh*t" was my reaction on seeing the screen for the first time in eons!

Candellabra.jpg.0292c36be119046fa3afa3011a6779e9.jpgMSU.jpg.f2ca084ddfc4acc0d7d51390ce45b14c.jpg

Well done deteacher, yes just call that it :thumbsup:  I'm pleased you made it and it's good to know someone else out there is feeling the game again, I think McKong will be joining you at some point in the future too ;)

McKong I think you re not on "c'mon" difficulty as there is a shorter timer = less score - set it in the Options screen - the first level should have 1500 not 2500 as the timer ;)

carlsson - level 3 drop off and clear all the bottom bugs inclusing the one on the right platform under the tube, when you do the jump onto the platform for the up tube make sure you are early and land on the first square and as soon as you have the right square lit jump back for the tube and head down the ladder - you always have time to clear the bug this way.

Still time for any votes for the next round !

• Like 2

LOL!  That was my reaction to Yukon's Revenge when it popped up the first time.  My first thought was "WTF???"

I think my least favorite level is Yukon's Penthouse.  There are 3 ways to get that bug at the top of the Penthouse...and all 3 require your jumps up the middle to be almost perfect.  One poorly timed jump and he'll turn back before you can get him.  Once you nab him, the rest of the level is easy.  Not a fan of Bonus Level #1 either.

On 6/30/2019 at 1:17 PM, Deteacher said:

LOL!  That was my reaction to Yukon's Revenge when it popped up the first time.  My first thought was "WTF???"

I think my least favorite level is Yukon's Penthouse.  There are 3 ways to get that bug at the top of the Penthouse...and all 3 require your jumps up the middle to be almost perfect.  One poorly timed jump and he'll turn back before you can get him.  Once you nab him, the rest of the level is easy.  Not a fan of Bonus Level #1 either.

On 6/30/2019 at 4:51 PM, McKong said:

No I didn't set the difficulty for c'mon, that's the difference

ok you can replay this one in the week as you wish :)

Well I had another long session tonight but sadly have failed, just too tired and jumping off and making silly mistakes. I even had one go where I had all my lives on Yukon's Revenge but fell off on that last square near the top (you know the one)!  If I hadn't lost yesterday maybe I could have done it but the best I managed was a brief look at the advanced cannons this asfternoon - I set the charge to 10 and expected to land on the first level but forgot about the lower platform, suffice to say that didn't end well for Mr. Bob :D

224,170 was my best score (earlier today)  :)

BBSB.jpg.40afae3895da59acbe773881ac4eb7fe.jpg

Congratulations to deteacher for an exceptional performance in completing the game on easy without using the warps too :thumbsup:

I'll post in the final tables tomorrow when I'm on my other PC with the spreadsheets!

Thanks for playing everyone I'll start up round 11 next...

• Like 2