IGNORED

What is the latest Commodore PC compatible that sold in the US?

That could be. I read that those two last models were made in Germany. Personally, I've never heard of Commodore PC compatibles. Did Commodore make their own motherboards or are they standard third party motherboards.

Edit: From the video, yes commodore did make, at least, some of their motherboards but used third party graphics adapters. In those days there were so many brand name computer manufacturers (I was selling them in the mid 1990s), Commodore would have gotten lost amongst them. In the 1980s the PC compatibles I used were no-names, and that includes office, school, and home.

Edited by mr_me

Commodore also had own expansion cards (ISA slots obviously). At one point they sold far more PC's than expected, what started as a gimmick turned into a business segment. I understand most of them were sold in Europe, in particular Germany but I'd be surprised if none of the 286 or 386 based systems were introduced in the USA, which early on was so much more PC oriented than Europe ever was.