IGNORED

Odd Intellivision Inspired Controller I Found

Hey group, I recently bought a lot of miscellaneous Intellivision and Atari stuff. Included was this very odd controller that looks very similar to an intellivision model 2 controller. I took it apart, and even the internals are very similar with the membrane circuit board. It has no right/left fire buttons, which leads me to believe it's not for the intellivision at all. I only have a model one, so I cannot even test it. Unfortunately, I did test continuity on the traces and some appear to be bad where the flex circuit flexes (there are 2 abrupt bends). Anyway, thoughts? Ever seen this before? There are no manufacturer markings that I can find.

$ 57

Intellivision

i don't want to offend anybody because every console and computer has it's fans but i had an Aquarius briefly when it came out and man what a huge mistake by Mattel..it was outdated when it was released and just awful...how in the world did anybody in the company think it would succeed??

i don't want to offend anybody because every console and computer has it's fans but i had an Aquarius briefly when it came out and man what a huge mistake by Mattel..it was outdated when it was released and just awful...how in the world did anybody in the company think it would succeed??

See here. Even seemingly bad decisions can make their own kind of sense when viewed in context.

• Like 1

The Aquarius isn't a bad computer, it's just a terrible video games machine. It has a 40x24 character display with all 16 colours available for foreground and background. It would have made a fine data terminal. And it has a full Microsoft Basic. Not sure about that keyboard.

Edited by mr_me