IGNORED

$150k Video Game Lot...Who Wants to Open a Store?

sixersfan105

This gives "lot" a whole new definition. $150k for what appears to be thousands of systems. The seller doesn't even know how many he's got, as he's "listing more boxes as time permits" and he's still counting...Looks like he's up to Box #22 thus far. Soooo if we split this lot evenly among all the AA members, we can all own a percentage interest of the retail store we'll open up together in a yet to be determined mutually agreed upon city, yeah? Who wants NES 72-pin connector repair duty? I call NOT replacing the drive belt on the Sega CD Model 1s...

Anybody know this guy? There's gotta be a better way to sell off his collection than asking for a lump sum the same cost as two acres of land in the middle of Florida, right?

I applaud his efforts but seems like a tough sell.

eBay ID: sumwomyn

Link to listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Classic-Video-Game-Lot-100s-of-Systems-Atari-Nes-Snes-GB-SG-N64/401754240938?hash=item5d8a6b37aa:g:zPoAAOSwtg9bLbhp#viTabs_0

I think what gets me is that there is 84 watchers!

How many are successful stores who happen to have that kind of scratch lying around? Or are they just curious people...People who'd probably like to get a hold of the new owner, "Say, umm... I see ya just bought ton of stuff...Would you be interested in selling the Atari Jaguar and the Virtual Boy? Thanks! "

• Like 1

"huge pile of crap, not treated well, don't care enough to list it all" should have a lower starting bid.

That's what I am wondering. The person in the listing indicates they already sold off other items and I bet these were the high value, nice grade, functional items and what is left over is the low value, low grade, non-functional items.

• Like 1

I think what gets me is that there is 84 watchers!

How many are successful stores who happen to have that kind of scratch lying around? Or are they just curious people...People who'd probably like to get a hold of the new owner, "Say, umm... I see ya just bought ton of stuff...Would you be interested in selling the Atari Jaguar and the Virtual Boy? Thanks! "

I think the price is more to attract attention and it really is a for offer posting. Very few collections would be worth anywhere near that.