IGNORED

My first game

After taking my Atari 800xl out of mothballs a few weeks back I decided to write a game as I've always enjoyed coding. I decide to start with Turbo Basic XL, I remember most of Basic but assembler has pretty much drained out of my brain so that will take a bit of work to start using again.

It's probably been about 30 years since I coded on the 8bit so I chose a simple game just to get back into the swing of things, I'm sure this has probably been done on the 8bit before but it's really just a test piece to get me back into the swing of things. Here's how it's going so far:

I'm not the greatest with graphics but I'll probably work on those a bit.

I have no idea when it comes to sound. Is there a PD library anywhere of sound effects or music?

• Like 30

Thanks, I've downloaded that but given I have no musical talent I'm not sure it's worth learning how to use it. But who knows, I might find out I'm a closet Mozart.

I was hoping for a library of spot effects, is there anything like that about?

Thanks for the link JAC! Looks like the English pages are broken, and google doesn't want to translate the Polish or Czech pages (probably due to not being secure). I'll take a better look at it tomorrow when my brain is functioning enough to figure things out.

Thanks Wrathchild, I don't really want to impose on anyone for a test prog like this :) I'm sure if I look through some old progs I can borrow some effects, just thought there might be a library somewhere. If I write something a bit more substantial I might have to get someone to do the sound properly but not for this one.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:23 PM, Preppie said:

Looks like the English pages are broken, and google doesn't want to translate the Polish or Czech pages (probably due to not being secure)

The on the top only point to anchors on the same page. There is only one page with all information.

I've notified PG and he'll also fix the links (http://asma.atari.org/main.html#plr > http://asma.atari.org#plr)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, yep atari.org links all seem to be working now.

Not had much time to work on this lately.  Altered the graphics a bit after lookin at that C64 version, and swapped out a numeric timer for graphical one.  Biggest change is the future tiles has been changed from characters to a much faster PM, although need to work on the graphics on that.

pipes.PNG

• Like 2