Kain3n

Asking opinions on controller mod ports

I will be modding my O2 to use Atari controllers and cant decide where to put the new controller ports. What is everyones opinion on putting them on the back of the console to keep it kind of original looking or to have them on the front of the console to be more practical especially if the O2 is placed in a cabinet but obviously

No longer original looking?

Ok well due to the lack of replies I have just added it on the front of the console like everyone else did not as nice looking in my opinion but fits in the display cabinets I use better

Personally, I was thinking about creating an adapter so I can use them and keep the console able to use original controllers if I wanted to.

This will be preference to each owner.  Do you want to keep it looking as original as possible, or do you just want function so it's easier to play ?  

The ones which have the controllers hardwired to the console require ports added somewhere .. I will probably put mine in front for easy access and make them Atari compatible.

I wired in the male end of a controller extension cable and have it coming out the back where the original controller wires were.  Nice and clean.  Only caveat would be to use a vintage extension cable (or the official vintage Sega ones) because the quality of the wires was better than the newer ones.

Not done with this O2 - also did a composite mod and am now bondo filling the scratches etc so that it can be repainted. 

On 5/30/2020 at 10:27 AM, Lost Monkey said:

I wired in the male end of a controller extension cable and have it coming out the back where the original controller wires were.  Nice and clean.  Only caveat would be to use a vintage extension cable (or the official vintage Sega ones) because the quality of the wires was better than the newer ones.

Not done with this O2 - also did a composite mod and am now bondo filling the scratches etc so that it can be repainted. 

Nice