IGNORED

Turbografx 16 mini

10 minutes ago, atarilovesyou said:

I wasn't aware of any D-pad issues, good to know. I realize the limitations of emulation, which is one of the main reasons I'm not a huge fan. So far, only the SNES classic has managed to satisfy my expectations. All the rest have issues in one way or another.

It's only my turbo controller that sucks. The regular non-turbo controller is fine. It doesn't have turbo, obviously, so lots of games are considerably less enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

On the PC Engine menu -- anyone know the meaning of the different colors behind "HuCard" near the bottom left?  For example --

Fantasy Zone -- HuCARD with a Purple background

Gradius -- HuCARD with a Red background

Bomberman 94 -- HuCARD with a Light Blue background

Dungeon Explorer -- HuCARD with a Dark Blue background

Ninja Ryukenden -- HuCARD with a longer Light Blue background

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

On the PC Engine menu -- anyone know the meaning of the different colors behind "HuCard" near the bottom left?  For example --

Fantasy Zone -- HuCARD with a Purple background

Gradius -- HuCARD with a Red background

Bomberman 94 -- HuCARD with a Light Blue background

Dungeon Explorer -- HuCARD with a Dark Blue background

Ninja Ryukenden -- HuCARD with a longer Light Blue background

Thanks!

There is no real meaning to it as far as I know for HuCARDs aside from Namco(t) games, which have their own label.

For CD games, it's a bit different, as there are CD-ROM2, Super CD-ROM2, and Arcade Card games, and the spine labels reflect that. There are 3 different non-Super CD-ROM2 System Cards, though.

Anyway, try asking over in the TurboGrafx thread. That place is way more active and there are people with way more knowledge than me in there.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Had been looking into getting a TG16 for a while, and now i am looking at getting the mini. 

This release is convenient for me since i would need to import everything from abroad if were going for the original stuff, but here i will at least get some sense of this system

that has always looked really interesting to me. 

I saw some reports of people loosing contact with controllers on the mini's but they still work with they're PC. 

Does somebody know anything about this issue, if they are looking into fixing that in the newer version or other version. Since i am in Europe i was wondering if i should just wait for the 

Core-Grafx mini. 

35 minutes ago, Knud said:

Had been looking into getting a TG16 for a while, and now i am looking at getting the mini. 

This release is convenient for me since i would need to import everything from abroad if were going for the original stuff, but here i will at least get some sense of this system

that has always looked really interesting to me. 

I saw some reports of people loosing contact with controllers on the mini's but they still work with they're PC. 

Does somebody know anything about this issue, if they are looking into fixing that in the newer version or other version. Since i am in Europe i was wondering if i should just wait for the 

Core-Grafx mini. 

I read multiple reports of the controllers not working on Amazon Japan on and around launch day here. I do believe this was a problem with the console itself, not the controller, judging by what I read on the PC Engine mini official Twitter account, but it's been a while. Both of my 2 controllers work fine. I was originally having trouble with the d-pad on the turbo controller, but I managed to fix it a few days ago and I have no problems with either controller now.

I'm guessing you can't read Japanese, so the CoreGrafx mini is probably the best one for you in that case. I'm honestly not sure what Amazon you'd use in Iceland since it looks like Iceland doesn't have its own Amazon, so either way you have to import it. It's in stock at Amazon Japan right now, though.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
formatting

That is what it looked to me, issue with the console since it worked with they're PC's where i saw this issue mentioned. It just stopped working in few days. 

Well it is either TG16 mini or the CoreGrafx. You are right, we do not have amazon but i can use both US or UK. A local dealer said he would get it in stock, but i thought it was Amazon exclusive. It still is no issue importing it, apart from the delays everywhere what i meant is that it's the cheap option of getting a sense of the TG console since there are very very few options in the local market here. 

9 minutes ago, Knud said:

That is what it looked to me, issue with the console since it worked with they're PC's where i saw this issue mentioned. It just stopped working in few days. 

Well it is either TG16 mini or the CoreGrafx. You are right, we do not have amazon but i can use both US or UK. A local dealer said he would get it in stock, but i thought it was Amazon exclusive. It still is no issue importing it, apart from the delays everywhere what i meant is that it's the cheap option of getting a sense of the TG console since there are very very few options in the local market here. 

Well, these systems are Amazon exclusive, so if you get it anywhere else, you can possibly expect a higher price than what you can get it for from Amazon. Amazon Japan is well known for its unbelievably fast shipping speed, even internationally, so perhaps try it if you are interested.

The PC Engine and to certain extent the TurboGrafx did make it to a few countries in Europe, but I'm guessing that you guys didn't get it in Iceland, so you'd probably have to get it from abroad anyway if you wanted to get a real system. The 3 basic PC Engine types are generally affordable, but the CD hardware is fragile and expensive and since over half of the library was released on CD, you'd be missing over 50% of the library without a way to play the CD games.

You might want to stop by the TurboGrafx thread as well, since there are many people there with greater knowledge of the PC Engine and TurboGrafx than me.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 9:07 PM, Steven Pendleton said:

There is no real meaning to it as far as I know for HuCARDs aside from Namco(t) games, which have their own label.

For CD games, it's a bit different, as there are CD-ROM2, Super CD-ROM2, and Arcade Card games, and the spine labels reflect that. There are 3 different non-Super CD-ROM2 System Cards, though.

Anyway, try asking over in the TurboGrafx thread. That place is way more active and there are people with way more knowledge than me in there.

OK, I'm embarrassed.   There is a main TurboGrafx thread?