IGNORED

Turbografx 16 mini

I'm gonna keep an eye on this one. I sold my small TG-16 collection a couple years ago because I couldn't justify keeping a fairly pricey console that I only had 3 games for and only played very rarely, so this might be a nice alternative. It already has Alien Crush, which is a favorite of mine. I wonder if Galaga 90 would show up but licensing might be an issue there.

• Like 1

Since past history indicates that M2 is likely handling development chores and since Konami controls most of the library, it should stand a good chance at being a top notch product.

Certainly looking forward to learning more about this.

Having had a Turbo-16 with CD, I am very much interested in getting one. However, I will wait and see what games they have, price point, etc. However, the initial lineup they released looks stout thus far, and hopefully that is what we will get as mini consoles need strong libraries built in, or else it can turn into a PS1 Classic situation real quick. Of course, the PS1 classic had more issues than just the games, but I am sure everyone can catch my drift...

• 5 weeks later...

This is something I am really considering. The fact the TG-16 Mini is able to play Pc Engines and TG-16. From a game selection standpoint, it is not a bad line up. I am not big on Snatcher not being translated although you can play it on the Mini. 

The only catch is the price and stuff being sold separately. Having a ac adapter being sold separately is something I am not big on. 

The pc engine games is impressive to me. I would be after Super Darius, 2 Supergrafx games including version of Ghoul's N Ghosts,  both Gradius games, Salamander, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, Bomberman 94, Bomberman Panic Bomber, Star Parodier, Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire, and Ninja Gaiden from the Pc Engine game side of things.

Edited by 8th lutz

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 7:15 AM, Flojomojo said:

It will come with a USB cable, which you can probably plug into your monitor/TV, which is not included either. 

Bet mine couldn't power it. I tried that with the Playstation Classic and it didn't work. Almost returned it thinking I had a dud until I plugged in a SNES Classic power supply.  

I can power an AtGames Blast system through it, but apparently it doesn't supply enough juice for something with higher power demands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/12/2019 at 3:46 PM, roots.genoa said:

I can understand some may have prefered a power supply, but I'm glad I can power it through my TV via USB, rather than using yet another power socket...

You can do both:  power supply drives a USB cable.  So plus the usb cable in the tv?  Done.  Don't have the USB port on the TV? Use the included power supply.

I realize its all about every buck counts and packing space but they really should include the friggin' power supply

On 8/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, Punisher5.0 said:

$100? They are on drugs. No power supply? All they need to do now is screw the games up and they will have learned nothing from Sony. Ill gladly pick one up when its $20.

$100 is a huge deal when you look at the cost of real TG-16 PC Engine games... I paid $140 for just Soldier Blade. That saying, I'm not buying this anyway as I have the real thing.

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2019 at 4:25 PM, Loafer said:

You can do both:  power supply drives a USB cable.  So plus the usb cable in the tv?  Done.  Don't have the USB port on the TV? Use the included power supply.

I realize its all about every buck counts and packing space but they really should include the friggin' power supply

Note that is it Eurogamer and European regulations asks/recommand that new electronics to be supplied with standard connector (USB in that case) and that therefore the power supply is not to be included.

It caused quite a stir because the New 3DS was supplied without power supply since Nintendo kept the same connector from the previous gen and as such could choose not to include the power supply.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Mostly just a long overview of the library, but there's some Mini specific stuff at the end such as footage of the menu. Also there's apparently going to be a multitap released for this, which I don't believe was previously known. 

Edited by Atariboy