...just connect an HDMI cable to the TV to play? So it gets its power from the video cable, nice! So long as there's enough juice. Even my Roku HDMI stick requires power from a USB port.

I believe they made a mistake there, since you can clearly see two cables going to the rear of the system.

I suspect it will have the same USB power plug that has become standard in the new HD age of plug and play systems. That will also be important if we're to see this get hacked.

• Thanks 2

Not sure about USB 3, but there is absolutely no need for the power supply and "computer" part of any device to be connected data-wise to get power.

There are "power-only" USB cables if you fear data thief, and also a few devices only take power from the USB port (usually they are Chinese cheap electronic devices that used to have a standard 5V connector which was replaced by a USB-shaped connector.

Though of course, this isn't common at all and most of the time you got get a data connection.

If USB 3 become a standard we may even see "USB-only" devices rather than HDMI - HDMI do carry power tho, but maybe not enough to power devices.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:40 AM, save2600 said:

...just connect an HDMI cable to the TV to play? So it gets its power from the video cable, nice! So long as there's enough juice. Even my Roku HDMI stick requires power from a USB port.

No, silly. Plug it into USB on TV for power. :-D

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

No, silly. Plug it into USB on TV for power. :-D

I know that's the way it usually works, but the vid above claimed you only need to plug in the HDMI cable and you're off! Thought for a minute that since they weren't including a USB adapter, maybe they found a way to use the minuscule amperage coming out of an HDMI port to power the thing. You know, technology marches on and that whole BS. After taking another look per Atariboy's post, did indeed see two cables coming out the back. Should have known it was too good to be true.

That's it! I'm taking back my rep point for the misleading video. Most of the game descriptions suck anyway!   🤣

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2019 at 4:53 AM, Atariboy said:

Not sure what happened to my link, but here's the same thing.

I just preordered. Is there a reason why we aren't getting the English ports of Neutopia I and Ys for western release? 🤨

Edited by Kosmic Stardust

10 hours ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

I just preordered. Is there a reason why we aren't getting the English ports of Neutopia I and Ys for western release? 🤨

Wha???

6 hours ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

No because you're getting them. ;) Actually you'll get both English and Japanese versions of Neutopia I&II and Ys I&II.

At first I thought they were only available in the European version because Americans don't like JRPGs that much or something, but I found them at 2'25", 3'25", and 4'30" in the video. I don't understand how you missed them...

• Like 1

Yep, Japanese and English versions... which I think is a waste of space, but oh well.  A week after release when it's hacked, you can take those off and put whatever you want on there... maybe even a translated version of Snatcher, since they just have it in Japanese...

Is there anyone in the TG16-mini camp we can contact to request they do a mini SuperGrafx version?  Even if the gamelist was the same, I'd be ok with it.  The SGX had the coolest look of all of them and was and is beyond the justifiable price point for most both then and now. Maybe they can pull from the Neo-Geo mini playbook and release it as a special edition/Christmas, etc, and actually include the small library of SGX titles? The standard releases are including some CD games so this is such a lost opportunity. 

• Confused 1