IGNORED

Ni No Kuni Coming for PS4, Switch

I want it, but I don't see how I can get it. Foolishly releasing it within the same week of time as Dragon Quest and Link's Awakening is begging to get ignored. I want all 3 but this one will be the one to get ignored first sadly as I never did get it on PS3 when I had the chance.

I just saw the trailer for DQ XI for Switch. I just started the PS4 version and am about 2 hours in. I may just wait for the Switch version because it will have more stuff, like the 3DS version of DQ VIII had more stuff than the PS2 version.

It's too bad that the release of DQ XI will overshadow Ni No Kuni on Switch. Both are from Level 5, which is one of my favorite developers.

• Like 1

I want it, but I don't see how I can get it. Foolishly releasing it within the same week of time as Dragon Quest and Link's Awakening is begging to get ignored. I want all 3 but this one will be the one to get ignored first sadly as I never did get it on PS3 when I had the chance.

I'm told games that are released in one week continue to exist the following week. Perhaps pick it up then when the must-haves are obtained? ;)

There's a chance I might pick it up for Switch despite already having completed it on the PS3. I guess it'll depend on the price tag as it isn't a must-buy-again title. I really should try to get back to Ni no Kuni 2 to be honest. Or start it over from scratch since it's been so long I've pretty much forgotten what was going on.

Well duh, but my issue is that with a kid, job and other stuff going on it's very hard to get enough consistent time to play, and given the hours a game like DQ and even Link will take, there just won't be time for it unless the Switch has some weird drought in 2020 or 2021 where I can find the time to play it as otherwise it's a lost cause. Obviously it's not a one week sale and then they all like some mission impossible message explode. :D

One of my favorite PS3 games, but I have no need to purchase it again. I'm getting really tired of last-gen games getting rehashed on newer consoles. It's just so lazy. Besides, what is there to "remaster"? It was already a beautiful, well-made game.

• Like 1

Not much, but I think the Switch at least deserves a pass, two really. One, Nintendo got skipped, and two, it's a handheld. That alone would be enough for a couple groups of people if not some overlap there. There are a good solid contingent of game buyers who just will buy Nintendo systems, yet they also aren't just first party tools who ignore the other stuff when it's good and present, so they would have been stuck with a Wii and WiiU not a PS3. And then the handheld factor where you can take it wherever with likely minimal compromise given the cartoony nature of it. I agree it likely wasn't much for remastering other than some balancing tweaks and a bump in resolution for someone playing a 4K system.

Having just finished it on the PS3, I can say that a portable version would have been nice for grinding and foraging for alchemy items. The forage points are not super easy to discover on a big TV, so I hope they tweak them for the small screen.

The kid and I watched Princess Mononoke last night and noticed so many similarities in the animation and music.