IGNORED

Adventure cartridge

JonB

Hi mizapf. I'm back again already!  No probs copying Count and Savage Island 1 to DISK but I have found that the Savage Island 2 file, while loading from cassette quite satisfactorily with the Adventure cartridge in place, results in an immediate 'Data Error' message when loading with the 'COPY' program.

Reading between the lines, I suspect this is due to the 30C0 data buffer size issue referred to above.  I shall play with increasing this but in passing am wondering what the limit is?  You say that CALL FILES(3) corresponds to an upper limit of 37D7 (being less than A0D0 + 30C0) but that CALL FILES(1) can accommodate 3B8F. But what is the upper limit for CALL FILES(1)?  Oddly enough I can find no reference to CALL FILES() command in any of my TI BASIC, EXTENDED BASIC or E/A documentation.  Where should I be looking?

Cheers

Edited by diydave

Thanks. Eventually found some CALL FILES info in the DISK MEMORY instructions (including the 'NEW' warning which I didn't use but got away with!) but your explanation is far more useful.  

So I have just 83 bytes in hand over the 30C0 limit to load the SI2 data from my Cassette file... hope your 30C0 allowance was generous as timewise SI2 takes about 20% longer to load! 

Here goes 3BE3. 

Got there in the end.  Gave it the full 3BE3 at first but this resulted in an adventure datafile bigger than before (61), which the Adventure Cartridge did not recognise.  After some to-ing and fro-ing, I tweaked the file sized limit to just 30D0.  This enabled the COPY program to load the cassette file and resulted in a DISK Adventure data file the same size (50) as the previous files. This was accepted by the Adventure Cartridge and all is well. 

EURIKA in fact.  I have learned more about the use of  TI Assembly Language in the last few days than I did reading the whole manual nearly 40 years ago!  There, but for Covid sheltering, I might have remained!!

Many thanks

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I am trying to get this to work.  I have ADVENTURE on the FG99. I downloaded these modules and copied them to my TIPI/32k.  I set the directory I copied them to, ADVENTURE, as DSK1.  When I start the program and it asks where the database is, I type ‘DSK1.ADVENTUR’.  The light on the TIPI flashes and I get ‘FILE NOT FOUND’. If I type ‘CS1’, it goes into the cassette dialog.  Please help me get into these adventures.

3 hours ago, Keneg said:

I just tried again.  Most of the files are dis/fix 128 and don’t work.  One file “LAKESAN” is a program file.  It loads fine.

I loaded "DSK1.ADVLAND" on Classic99. It worked.

TI99Dir, indicates "PROGRAM" as filetype.

1201344155_AdventureModuleGames2_zip.thumb.JPG.3a5bc1c021361c1fbb3f268d6acd807d.JPG

I don't have my TIPI set-up right now.

...how are you copying to TIPI?/Sounds like the interface is somehow converting them.

7 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

likely they are not TIFILES format. open the folder in the web interface: http://TIPI:9900   and look at the files, if there's a big ? in the icon then it's not tifiles format, select all the files that are ? and then select from the pulldown "convert to tifiles"  

Greg

Thanks!  That was it although two of the files won’t convert.  I will try re-downloading the zip tomorrow and see if that helps, but I have plenty to play now.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Keneg said:

I still can't get ADVLAND from the zip file I downloaded from this thread or ADVENTUR I downloaded from whtech to work.  Does anyone have working copies of these, the may be the same thing, that work with a real TI and TIPI?

Try this one, although the ADVLAND does work correctly. The only file I see as 'ADVENTUR' is the module files to work

from extended basic. ie: ADVENTURE, ADVENTUR_1 and ADVENTUR_2.

And yes all the files in that zip file on here were v9t9 files, except for LAKESAN which I created on real iron last year.

ADV01.zip