IGNORED

Arcadia 2001/ Leisure Vision

Kain3n

Just recently picked one of these up with a couple games, in decent shape too, the plastic on the joysticks seems to have shrunk and cracked a bit revealing the metal post inside and the power button seems to be stuck on but otherwise good shape and the old rf video still working good. The games seem to be a bit hard to find and a little expensive as well. Does anyone know if there is a multi cart available for this system so I can just invest in that instead of paying too much for 2600 quality games? Also how easy is it to composite mod this system?

• Like 2

I have the Canadian model called the leisure vision the system and cartridges look identical to the Arcadia 2001 except for the name change. I dont however have a Arcadia 2001 cartridge to test only leisure vision ones. Does anyone know if they are fully compatible? And thanks for the link to 5-11unders threadif they are compatible I will try to make an order, thanks

Edited by Kain3n

The Leisure Vision is just the Canadian rebranding of the Arcadia 2001, if memory serves. They carts are compatible. It's not like some of the South American/European/New Zealand systems that are software compatible, but have different pinouts.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well this looks like the closest thing to an "official" Arcadia 2001 thread so I'll post here...

Picked up a Arcadia 2001 in late 2017, and got around to powering it up two days ago.  It's a fun different system.   It is like it has a little of all the popular systems.  The cartridge shell of the Atari 2600, the disc controller of the Intellivision, fun gold and brown look.  Cute.

My starting question is the stick in the disc controller, seems they are kinda rare.  What exactly breaks on those?   I like using them but went ahead and unscrewed them.  Usually screw in sticks snap at the base or the threading gets messed up.  So what is the best way to preserve those?

On 2/7/2020 at 8:59 AM, doctorclu said:

Well this looks like the closest thing to an "official" Arcadia 2001 thread so I'll post here...

Picked up a Arcadia 2001 in late 2017, and got around to powering it up two days ago.  It's a fun different system.   It is like it has a little of all the popular systems.  The cartridge shell of the Atari 2600, the disc controller of the Intellivision, fun gold and brown look.  Cute.

My starting question is the stick in the disc controller, seems they are kinda rare.  What exactly breaks on those?   I like using them but went ahead and unscrewed them.  Usually screw in sticks snap at the base or the threading gets messed up.  So what is the best way to preserve those?

The system I purchased had one broken off.  I got a wooden peg that was close to the oem one, painted it black and glued a screw into the bottom of it (after cutting off the head).  Seemed to work pretty well for me.

Would love to have someone model one for 3D printing or create a mold for casting.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ArcadeJunkie said:

The system I purchased had one broken off.  I got a wooden peg that was close to the oem one, painted it black and glued a screw into the bottom of it (after cutting off the head).  Seemed to work pretty well for me.

Would love to have someone model one for 3D printing or create a mold for casting.

I have a really nice shape Arcadia 2001 with about 15-18 games.  I have been looking for replacement sticks for years now. If someone can do a 3d print of them, I am all in. I'll take 2. I had them back in the 80's but, they got packed away and that is the last I saw of them... 

With all the 3rd parties who made this system back then around the world, I am kind of shocked there was never a replacement stick option ever sold...

18 hours ago, ArcadeJunkie said:

I wish i had more tactical access to 3d printing, but i dont have the best knowledge.  The only thing i could do is create a mold for resin casting, but that would be fairly involved.

I have a family member who is really into 3D printing, so it could be possible that I could get a set or 2 printed up but, I need a scan of them.

Getting the correct brown "ink" could be a different battle but, It's a pain to play with out them so, even if they were off a little in color, I would enjoy to have a set...

Truth be told, I have been thinking about building a 3D printer for this kind of stuff... 

Edited by TheCoolDave
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 7:37 AM, TheCoolDave said:

I have a family member who is really into 3D printing, so it could be possible that I could get a set or 2 printed up but, I need a scan of them.

Getting the correct brown "ink" could be a different battle but, It's a pain to play with out them so, even if they were off a little in color, I would enjoy to have a set...

Truth be told, I have been thinking about building a 3D printer for this kind of stuff... 

If you have a way to make a 3D image file of the peg I could lend one for scanning.

No takers on the 3D print scan.  Well, the offer is there if someone wants to take it.  Might also get with a friend and see what can be done.

So, would love to hear from everyone what their favorite Arcadia 2001 (or similar system) games are?

I'm pretty new, but so far Tanks a Lot and Cat Trax have snared me.   I think that is actually fairly amazing as I can think of some game systems where none of the games really grabbed me.

Mostly asking to know which other games to look out for.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 5/7/2020 at 3:02 PM, TheCoolDave said:

Still would like to find sticks for my Arcadia 2001 joysticks...  

Very late response but I just found out that the sticks on my gravis PC game pad screw in perfectly 

17118064065041981288255740536621.jpg

1711806431792832561176892440705.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1