IGNORED

what's this cartridge adapter?

digdugnate

This is one of TI's GROM simulators- when the tv program was made the game had not been put into a module yet. It uses the same sort of GROM simulation that we have in FG99 today using auto-incrementers.

Follow the following thread down:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/287227-ti-994a-nostalgia-history-photos-thread/page-1?do=findComment&comment=4200321

regards

s

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 1

This is one of TI's GROM simulators- when the tv program was made the game had not been put into a module yet. It uses the same sort of GROM simulation that we have in FG99 today using auto-incrementers.

Follow the following thread down:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/287227-ti-994a-nostalgia-history-photos-thread/page-1?do=findComment&comment=4200321

regards

s

ha! I didn't realize this was discussed about 6 months ago. thanks much!

Actually, that particular box is called an EGROM Box. The case is a phenolic plastic. It has a TI console power supply in the bottom and a board on top that acts as a GROM simulator for up to five GROM chips, using two 4K EPROMs per GROM. I have two different versions of the device. Note that this one uses EPROMs and not RAM chips like the GSIM device Ciro pictured (I have one of those too).

• Like 5