IGNORED

7800 "Value Pack" Console Bundle

sixersfan105

Have you guys ever heard of this? I picked up a boxed 7800 this evening with this sticker on the box, advertising how it was a "value pack," including Pole Position (picture label) and then boxed and sealed copies of Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Robotron: 2084 and Xevious. I've never seen this before. The console is an A3 version. My guess is Atari put these out there in the marketplace in the 90s to push stock, but that's just a guess. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

post-47330-0-26912300-1560397806_thumb.jpeg

post-47330-0-51685200-1560397814_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

Never seen (which doesnt say much coming from the east side of the Atlantic) but the whole appearance looks like pushing stock with a sticker slapped over the picture and no dedicated packaging.

Correct. That is what I gathered from it too. There are some forum members who have shared pictures of sealed packs of this set before. I'm sure one of them will chime in.

Good stuff, that's what I figured. Would be neat to see a picture of a sealed set. Would also be curious to find out when exactly (rough year estimate) these were at retailers. Wonder if maybe Brad/Bruce/Lance have some recollection.

Maybe O'shea's had some at one point? I'm not too sure. This topic has come in the past years ago and there was enough info and pics about them. Let's just hope those people are still around and will chime in.

• Like 1

With the copyright credits at the bottom of the promotional sticker AND a part number (that begins with a C) on the bottom right for the sticker itself, seems like it could have been an official Atari promotion? Don't think an outlet like O'Shea's would have gone to all that trouble...

"This blockbuster offer includes full-length games"...

With the movie-type references, seems to be a promotion setup for stores that carried movies as well. Possibly Coconuts, Camelot, Media Play, Suncoast, Hollywood, Blockbuster, or...?

• Like 1

It sounds like a clearance package from a liquidator, sort of like the Neo Geo Pocket Color blister card sets with a bunch of extra games included, long after the commercial life of the system had passed.

That bundle would be a fun thing to get, especially since it's backwards compatible with 2600 games. I got my 7800 in that era and loved it.

I had a Lynx II that had several other games included with it.

Yep, I have that too. I might even still have the box with the bundle sticker. I believe mine came from Babbage's when they were starting to give up on the Lynx.

Never saw the 7800 bundle before. Interesting!

• Like 2