IGNORED

New release of Spiker by the Blue Sky Rangers

Bamse

Never said the new spiker doesn't complete a collection, unless you consider yourself a serious collector.  If you count that cartridge than your collection is not complete without the new Deep Pockets and KOTM.  If you count those cartridges than why not count Miner 2049er, Boulder Dash, and Hotel Bunny.  They're officially licensed and legitimate.

Even within the Mattel Electronics editions, the best collections will have the early cartridges with full colour instructions.  Except Space Battle, because the rom revised version is the one that should be played.  Same goes for Auto Racing.  And the most serious intellivision collectors will have all of them plus the Sears and Intellivision Inc editions.

Edited by mr_me

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

Never said the new spiker doesn't complete a collection.  If you count that cartridge than your collection is not complete without the new Deep Pockets and KOTM.  If you count those cartridges than why not count Miner 2049er, Boulder Dash, and Hotel Bunny.  They're officially licensed and legitimate.

Even within the Mattel Electronics editions, the best collections will have the early cartridges with full colour instructions.  Except Space Battle, because the rom revised version is the one that should be played.  Same goes for Auto Racing.  And the most serious intellivision collectors will have all of them plus the Sears and Intellivision Inc editions.

Finally Hotel Bunny gets the recognition it deserves. But surely your collection is not complete with out the Sears version of Hotel Bunny!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Ignorama said:

Fun fact: If you dont count Re-Releases you have no complete collection of you have Super Series Big League Baseball as your only variation of the game. I think that underlines why this makes no sense.

Edit: And as I said some time ago: The official and legitimate Re-Release of Spiker will be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more rare than the Release back then. So as a real collector I like rare things more than expensive things. And please dont forget, I own the old Spiker, so I am not biased to be a "real" collector with the Re-Release, nor I am considering to trade the old for the new one, I will put both in my shelf.

While I agree that less of the rerelease (500?) will be made versus the original Spiker (10000?), I think the better question around rarity is how many are left? ? While I'm not  sure definitively I suspect that there are less than 500 of the original one still in existence. ?

39 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

I will pay $200 for Original 125 Spikers CIB. ?

Maybe Ignorama will sell you his copy (if he has one) on the cheap now that they will be next to worthless.     

Edited by Rev
Yes

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

Never said the new spiker doesn't complete a collection, unless you consider yourself a serious collector.  If you count that cartridge than your collection is not complete without the new Deep Pockets and KOTM.  If you count those cartridges than why not count Miner 2049er, Boulder Dash, and Hotel Bunny.  They're officially licensed and legitimate. 

Yet again your "serious collector" is wrong and arrogant, but the second part is true at least. While I dont know about the licenses for the mentioned games, at least Deep Pockets and King of the Mountain have to be bought in the official version to be in a full set. And if the others are licensed its true for them as well.

And here the bummer: Blix. Wasnt that from the BSRs? If yes, there is a very small limit for people who can get a real full set.

But its sad that instead of joy about the release of a much overpriced game its just more sad try to protect the status of be something special for owning a old copy. Yeah, feel free to think so, but you will never be the authority to determine who a serious collector is and who not. But to be honest: I never expeted anything else, most of the so called "serious collectors" do not even care about the game, they just buy it for display.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

If you just wanted to play Spiker, (or Deep Pockets, or KOTM,) Intellivision Productions made legitimate copies available for a reasonable price since 1998 with their Intellivision Lives CD.  Files on the CD are compatible with the Intellicart, Cuttle Cart 3, and LTO Flash, and all intellivision emulators.  Spiker is  actually nicely done and one of the better sports cartridges made by INTV Corp.  I like how they make it look like there's 14 sprites on the screen.

Blix cartridges were produced by Good Deal Games and are 100% legitimate.  Why not a re-release?

Edited by mr_me

Ask them. But its very good that its Spiker and not Blix, because Spiker is an actual good game and I own it, so my whole point of view has a better ground and doesnt looks like I am trying to legitimate my collection :lol:

And I am collector and gamer, I dont really care for ROM only releases (so I hope TNT gets a CiB release). As far as I remember our paths crossed already in the HSC area some years ago. So you may have noticed that I am not just interessted in more boxes for my shelf. That is the reason why I stopped to buy all homebrews, because more and more of them just are not good. Rushed out, low quality control. But its fine, because most people dont actual play the games they are paying for, so why bother into making them good.

7 minutes ago, intellivotion said:

really, is there anybody who knows how many copies of the first Spiker were made? The "more serious" version I mean ?. Steve R., maybe? Dave W.?

I'm pretty curious

We asked in a Twitch interview with Keith years ago.  I believe the number was between 5-10k.  If my memory serves me well.

• Thanks 1

Now that we have seen a few boxed spikers coming out of venzuela, it makes me wonder if they hit the portion of the storage where all the spikers have been hiding all these years.....could it be there are actually enough there for all the collector market! Lol

Funny timing if so with the new bsr version coming out too! :D

1 hour ago, stupus said:

Now that we have seen a few boxed spikers coming out of venzuela, it makes me wonder if they hit the portion of the storage where all the spikers have been hiding all these years.....could it be there are actually enough there for all the collector market! Lol

Lol! That would be poorly timed if that was the case. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stupus said:

When was Spikers coming out of Venezuela?   And where. Never heard of this.