IGNORED

New release of Spiker by the Blue Sky Rangers

Bamse

39 minutes ago, SoulBuster said:

My comment was regarding not having a current console in production.

Intellivision does have a console coming into production next year.  It will support all of the old games, even possibly on cart.  So to that end Intellivisions are back in production.

Regarding games being emulated, so what.  Intellivision will have a console in production that plays all the old games. IT IS THE NEXT GENERATION INTELLIVISION.

I was only trying to prove a point.  However, It is not my contention that a console in production makes the difference, it does not.  Simply put: The IP holder of the games are releasing them CIB (all 3) so they all count towards achieving 127 (King of the Mountain and Deep Pockets make it 127 and the homebrew versions are variants).

123, 124, 125, 126 ,127  + 3 oh here we go again who made these numbers an official count Mattel , INTV Corp,  The Video Game Guild , or the Lolly Pop Guild ... What governing body , authority, Council  made a final number ...  Or was it 1 persons point of view that was published on the internet and adapted as the number..

Hmmm - The magic number debate  welcome to .............

It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

15 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

And the circle continues! lol 

Circle Circle Circle , like the lids of a can being opened... lol

There is no official number only a number that some chose to make and try to call an official number...   lol This debate is a debate that no one can win because there is no "Official count agreed in any Official Body from Mattel or INTV Corp.  "  First Being Mattels Official Count Release agreed by an official panel within Mattel and 2nd being an official panel within INTV Corp.  If that were the case you can add the two and get the count..  Hmmm Did that ever occur...

7 minutes ago, m-crew said:

Circle Circle Circle , like the lids of a can being opened... lol

There is no official number only a number that some chose to make and try to call an official number...   lol This debate is a debate that no one can win because there is no "Official count agreed in any Official Body from Mattel or INTV Corp.  "  First Being Mattels Official Count Release agreed by an official panel within Mattel and 2nd being an official panel within INTV Corp.  If that were the case you can add the two and get the count..  Hmmm Did that ever occur...

Well Mattel wouldn't have counted any third party cartridges (e.g. Imagic, Activision, etc).  They tried to make them incompatible.

Nobody created the list.  The list happened naturally, only to be discovered and documented.

5 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Well Mattel wouldn't have counted any third party cartridges (e.g. Imagic, Activision, etc).  They tried to make them incompatible.

Nobody created the list.  The list happened naturally, only to be discovered and documented.

You would have to get an official count from those third party cartridges as well..   sorry missed that..

It still an opinion on what to count and what not to count..  Naturally does not make it an official count.. either.. It's just personal opinions ..

There is no official count only personal opinion that was accepted  by some and not all ..  That's why there's a debate every so often here because opinions vary .

So there is not one person  or person's that can claim there is an official number.  There is no such number..

Lol. I'm confused by this discussion. The only thing that matters is what each person considers to be needed/wanted in their collection. Sure there were 125 games released during the commercial life of the Inty and for many that's a goal they've chosen to try to achieve, whether with variants or not.

Really though, who cares? If it's fun for each of us to try to search out whatever games we would like to "complete" our collection, however we have defined it, then shouldn't that be all that matters? It's not like we receive a medal or official designation upon doing so. ?

As someone who was fortunately able to complete the Original 125 CIB, for me that is merely one part of my collection and probably not the most interesting at that. I've recently embarked on the most intense and ambitious project relating to collecting for the Inty yet and I'm enjoying it every bit as much as when I was making my way towards 125. This should be fun, and while debating the merits of different versions of a collection is a good thing, arguing about it on the other hand doesn't make sense to me. Do whatever works for you folks. ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Nicely put :)

Absolutely everyone should define their own collection. 

We collectors are a strange breed. My collection, for me needs to be CIB. I have no idea why and I have nothing against collecting carts only. I was after a manual for a game that was complete except for the manual. No one would ever know my collection was complete except for 1 manual but me, but still I HAD, to find the missing manual. Why???  :D

We do I think, measure our collections against others in the community. This is not necessarily a bad thing, in fact, that is part of what's spurred me on and keep adding. Why else do we post pickup posts on FB groups. It matters what others think especially from within our community. 

I'm aiming for what is probably an unattainable goal of 125 CIB. I will count the new release of Spiker but will never stop my goal of finding the first edition, if you will. 

I'm not sure anyone is arguing here as such, just trying to put opinions across. At the end of the day, it does matter what others think about your collection but no where near as much as what you think about it and you certainly shouldn't let what others think take away any of the enjoyment you get from it. I don't think anyone here would want that. This isn't that sort of forum. Much nicer than that  here :)

Edited by Bamse

1 hour ago, SoulBuster said:

Semantics. Often happens in conversations to get points across when the need for extreme accuracy is not needed.  

Well it did help direct the discussion to two questions.  Is a software emulated console the same thing?  And; Can a console created 41 years later by a different company be considered a successor to the former? 

Not sure about the first one but there are certainly arguments to support the second question?

Edited by mr_me

4 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I don't know what's real anymore and I'm freaking out ?

I think the only legitimate games are the ones that came with your console, so the games that were bundled. All the rest is just not the real deal and completely fake :)

I'm sorry to say that but to me this is like discussing about the sex of angels.

123? 125? 127? There are many ways to collect and all of them are good and noble. This is the free Republic of Intellivision, there's no king, no president, no parliament.

Collect as you like and live happy.

• Like 3

123.  Maybe 124. 

The 125 should not include World Championship Baseball, it’s a renamed/reboxed game hack.  

Prove me wrong. 

Baseball and World Championship Baseball screenshots.  Same game. 

7062328D-5917-4E79-AADB-A355578DFE92.jpeg

F83BFAFC-72D1-4F62-BB52-4F395B786E7C.jpeg

Edited by Rev