IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Today, June 15th! PLEASE READ!

Albert

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

You should be able to save (and rename it) as long as you've made at least one change to the filters, as shown in this screenshot:

image.png

You can delete a stream by first clicking on it, and then clicking the small, red trashcan icon to the right of the stream name. 

image.png

..Al

OK, I deleted all the "custom" streams, thanks for that.

Now when I click on the default "content I follow" and change the filters, I do not get an option to save it. 

I get cancel or create a new one:

content.thumb.jpg.20e12ae2b6280e1553b58eedc23e0c0b.jpg

2 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

Now when I click on the default "content I follow" and change the filters, I do not get an option to save it. 

I get cancel or create a new one:

Ahh, yes, you cannot override the default activity streams, but you can use them as a default template to create your own.

..Al

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Albert said:

Ahh, yes, you cannot override the default activity streams, but you can use them as a default template to create your own.

..Al

OK, thanks

So I will have the default "content I follow" stream and then I will have a "The Real Content I Follow" stream

Sometimes I make myself laugh :rolling:

....ah, come on, who doesn't get the "The Real Ghostbusters" cartoon title reference....

• Like 2

I like what I'm seeing so far. One small request, though. Is it possible to add some default space between the end of a post and the beginning of a user's signature? Even with the line separating the two, posts with signatures seem to be crammed together.

EDIT: Just noticed that it seems to be that way mainly with posts that are more than just a couple of lines in length, if that's of any help.

Edited by Sauron

1 hour ago, Albert said:

I don't see a way to do it, either.  The obvious means would be to click on the time of the last post, which works in other areas of the forum, but that just opens up the conversation without scrolling to a particular post. I looked through the HTML source and there are anchors for each message in the thread, so it'd be trivial to jump to the last post.  I'll add this to my list of things to investigate (as I'm sure other admins have complained about it) and look for a fix.

..Al

In the list view click on the 'conversation balloons' to go to your last unread post in a thread recent. If you read all posts, the balloons are not visible.

Click on the date below the avatar of the user that posted last, you will go to that post. At least in the theme (dimension) I currently use on my mobile 

4 minutes ago, SenorRossie said:

In the list view click on the 'conversation balloons' to go to your last unread post in a thread recent. If you read all posts, the balloons are not visible.

Click on the date below the avatar of the user that posted last, you will go to that post. At least in the theme (dimension) I currently use on my mobile 

Thanks, I will have to play with that some more.  :)

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I like what I'm seeing so far. One small request, though. Is it possible to add some default space between the end of a post and the beginning of a user's signature? Even with the line separating the two, posts with signatures seem to be crammed together.

EDIT: Just noticed that it seems to be that way mainly with posts that are more than just a couple of lines in length, if that's of any help.

Yes, some work needs to be done on the signatures.  I'm probably going to restrict the number of lines to some reasonable number.  I'm not a big fan of signatures, as I don't feel it's necessary to see the same content at the bottom of a user's every post.  Especially when that content ends up getting significantly long.

..Al

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

I'm probably going to restrict the number of lines to some reasonable number.  I'm not a big fan of signatures, as I don't feel it's necessary to see the same content at the bottom of a user's every post.  Especially when that content ends up getting significantly long.

As long as I can disable them, I am fine with any length. ?

BTW: Emojis are loading pretty slowly (loading is required, since there are no shortcuts any more). I suppose the speed will improve after the upgrade is finalized?

1 hour ago, Albert said:

I noticed that in your screenshot, which is very strange and would definitely cause problems. Can you try loading up the forum on another browser to see if the same thing occurs?

Thank you,

..Al

I'll try another browser ( chrome ) when I have access to a machine with chrome.  Should be about 4 hours from now.

2 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

As long as I can disable them, I am fine with any length. ?

Yes, you can ignore a specific users' signatures or just disable them all.

2 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

BTW: Emojis are loading pretty slowly (loading is required, since there are no shortcuts any more). I suppose the speed will improve after the upgrade is finalized?

I also noticed they load fairly slowly.  I'll have to do some research on them--this set of Emoji is called "Twitter Emoji" so it's possible they are loading from an external server.

..Al

Question:

1. How can I navigate to my own blog? 
  2. Can I filter for blogs I am following?
  3. All blogs now show some generic, large pictures. What are they useful for?

Somehow I am missing navigation in the blogs.

BTW: Links and formatting are broken in the blogs. Still converting?

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

3 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Question:

1. How can I navigate to my own blog? 
  2. Can I subscribe to blogs and list blogs I have subscribed too?
  3. All blogs now show some generic, large pictures. What are they useful for?

Somehow I am missing navigation in the blogs.

1. One way is to go to your profile and click on the "Blogs" tab, which will show you links to any of our blogs.  Another is to go the Blogs, click the Filter button and then "My Blogs".  There are probably other ways as well (such as by searching for them, although that probably won't work right now).

2. Yes, you can manage all the content you follow here:  https://atariage.com/forums/followed/  You can get to this link by clicking your username at the top of the page and then "Manage Followed Content".

3. You can upload a photo for your blog to make your blog entries distinctive.  Those graphics are really just placeholders (same with the header graphic in your profile).

..Al

3 hours ago, Albert said:

I prefer to have more whitespace than having posts crammed up against one another, but I will be revising the theme over time (more so short-term) to address issues that people bring up.

First up:

I like the new software and I am with you about the whitespace on a PC's browser with a big screen.

But the responsive design on my smartphone uses a quite small font and narrow "column width" for the subjects of posts which makes it difficult to spot the subject.

And also there is lots of whitespace which urges me to scroll a lot more than needed (or used to).

3 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Too complicated....i cannot find my actual messages ?

here is how to find your messages: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/292144-forum-upgrade-today-june-15th33-please-read33/?do=findComment&comment=4292732

Al knows all

(I waited for so long to make this silly joke)

Speaking of blogs, will lists in blog entries be automatically updated to the new style or will each blog user need to do that by hand? Also, will [horizontal rule] be changed to a blank line in the forums, blogs and profile pages? Horizontal rule used to make a blank line, but now it makes a horizontal line, like the name says.