IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Today, June 15th! PLEASE READ!

Albert

2 minutes ago, toddtmw said:

So, I see that on this topic, because I checked notify me of replies when replying, but, when I go to another topic, I do not see it.

That's something Albert needs to know about. I just checked and see that too, but until it looks normal, you can click inside of that empty box and it will still work.

19 hours ago, Albert said:

Thanks, I'll look at that right now, these are surely just permission settings with strange defaults. 

..Al

No rush or anything, but just wanted to let you know I'm still not seeing those options.  Lemme know if there's anything I need to check to enable a setting/permission.

I seem to be having a terrible problem getting the forum to accept my password.  If I reset my password by following the "forgot my password" link, I can get logged in.  Any attempt to log in after that brings me to a page that says my password is invalid, then the red error message disappears quickly and I'm stuck with resetting my password again to get back in.  (I'm not using Facebook or Twitter to authenticate me).  This seems to happen no matter what device I use to log in (iPad, iPhone, or a Windows PC).  Anyone else having this issue?

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

I seem to be having a terrible problem getting the forum to accept my password.  If I reset my password by following the "forgot my password" link, I can get logged in.  Any attempt to log in after that brings me to a page that says my password is invalid, then the red error message disappears quickly and I'm stuck with resetting my password again to get back in.  (I'm not using Facebook or Twitter to authenticate me).  This seems to happen no matter what device I use to log in (iPad, iPhone, or a Windows PC).  Anyone else having this issue?

If you had a separate login from your display name, the login names were removed and instead you need to use your display name to login (in this case, "Casey").  Are you using that to login? 

..Al

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

If you had a separate login from your display name, the login names were removed and instead you need to use your display name to login (in this case, "Casey").  Are you using that to login? 

..Al

I wasn't. :) But I am now.  That solved my problem.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

Thanks for the hard work on the upgrade!  It's much improved.

Thank you, glad you like it!  I still have much work to do, though, but at least I'm over the gigantic huge hump that was the preparation and actual upgrade process.  :) 

..Al

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mallard Games said:

Um, does the Tapatalk plugin have to be updated as well cause I'm getting this:

Screenshot of Network Error(get config)

Please refer to this post from Albert:

8 hours ago, Albert said:

Thanks for an additional confirmation, and with an older phone to boot. Do you know what version of iOS is on that?  The old mobile skin wasn't very good, and Tapatalk has its own issues.  I'm not sure I'm going to install Tapatalk here yet--that's a big security issue, and apparently they had a bug in the recent past that allowed people to see forums they didn't have access to..

..Al

13 minutes ago, Mallard Games said:

That's weird cause I remember being able to access the forums through Tapatalk not long ago and never encountering that issue.

...and then the forums were upgraded.  That's why we're all here in this thread. ;)

• Haha 1

@Albert Digging the new forum software so far! One quick note that I haven't seen mentioned. I get that some pictures are missing from posts and such, but does part of that include missing posts altogether? I ask because I noticed 2-3 messages in one private message thread completely disappeared during the update/upgrade, and they have not returned. Those messages did not have photos in them. Thought I would bring it to your attention, in case it's separate from the "missing pictures" thing that is part of the process.

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

@Albert Digging the new forum software so far! One quick note that I haven't seen mentioned. I get that some pictures are missing from posts and such, but does part of that include missing posts altogether? I ask because I noticed 2-3 messages in one private message thread completely disappeared during the update/upgrade, and they have not returned. Those messages did not have photos in them. Thought I would bring it to your attention, in case it's separate from the "missing pictures" thing that is part of the process.

Thanks!

I think Albert said during the early part of the upgrade that anything PMed or posted would disappear.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Random Terrain said:

I think Albert said during the early part of the upgrade that anything PMed or posted would disappear.

Correct - they are lost.

The forum database went offline around 10AM PST yesterday for the upgrading process, and so any PM made between that time and the time at which when the new forum went back online were lost because they were not part of the upgraded database.

There were some interesting posts in this thread (a few pages) that were also lost.

14 hours ago, IntelliRat said:

AS usual with these kind of downgrades, it literally doesn't even connect anymore on anything other than my PC, just says it's not able to complete secure connection. Worked perfectly for years before on every device I had, never any issues, now I can only access on my PC and it's slow and has far too much clutter, clicking anywhere does a "thing", clicked next to a quoted text and it all disappeared, didn't even click on anything, it was just "close enough", I guess.

Such a shame. But I know, as always, I'll be in extreme minority about this, and the old version will not come back (they sadly never do, anywhere, this has been the trend for all places everywhere online for the last 15 odd years, so many places simply kick you out after years of being a member, then they always wonder why they get less users and have to close down for lack of visitors and revenue etc... gee, I wonder why~) so I'm glad I didn't get enough time as a member here to become that active yet, as the relatively new member that I am on here, so that way there was less of a loss, I guess.. definitely glad I didn't have any time to make friends, would've sucked to lose them all already, cuz I am not going to go on my PC just do browse here, I only go on here to pay bills and stuff like once a month, on average.

Https is now a requirement, very old browsers probably no longer work.  I'm stll running android 4.4 on my phone, the original browser is not supported, but the browser I actually use works well with the new atariage.

Just install a new browser on your device and you'll be fine. 

Edit:

A compact theme might help for mobile.  For example, hiding the section descriptions, and anything else to get more topics listed on the screen.  I could even see two levels of compact themes.  The display of posts within a topic is fine.

The area to click to go to the last post from a topic list is too small.  You often tap on the user link instead.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2