IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Today, June 15th! PLEASE READ!

Albert

13 minutes ago, RevEng said:

I just wanted to say that I really like the new variations for "like"! ? Excellent to be able to show your appreciation, sympathy, etc., when you don't have anything post-worthy to add.

Yes, I "like" the reactions as well.  And these can be completely customized in terms of icons, what they represent, and how many points people receive for the (positive, neutral, or negative).  

..Al

• Like 1

I think part of it is also that this 'spread out too much' effect is a side-effect of trying to do a truly 100% responsive UI that can seamlessly go on all devices. We have the same exact issue with our in-house product. Like others have said, I am reserving final judgement and I'd also like to thank Albert for all this hard work. I'm sure whatever we wind up with will be fine...I may not like it all but I'll get used to it I'm sure.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:54 AM, Albert said:

I'm not sure if this feature is gone -- the new software definitely lets you see who reacted to specific posts, but I haven't figure out where this is enabled.  Just made a post on the Invision forum asking how to enable this. I'm not sure there's any way to get a nice listing of who reacted to your posts, though.

..Al 

https://atariage.com/forums/profile/62192-pacman000/reputation/?type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

You can see what you reacted to mixed with reactions to your posts. Is there a way to just see who reacted to your posts?

• Like 1

Just now, mthompson said:

It's the little "page" icon at the far right of the tool bar.

Yes, thank you for posting that image. 

It's kind of amusing, when version 4.0 of this software came out, there was no preview functionality at all.  The developers stated that the WYSIWYG nature of the editor didn't require a preview.  Then hellfire rained down on the developers and they caved by adding that tiny preview icon.  At least you can preview your posts i desktop, tablet and mobile views, which is nice if you're putting together a particularly complex post.

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, VectorGamer said:

What happened to "Ignore Topic"? I don't see the button anywhere and it looks like topics I previously ignored are now showing up in my stream.

It was a third-party plugin for the older forum.  It does exist, by the same author, for the current version.  I've fired off an email to the author asking if it uses the same database fields, and if not, if there's an easy way to convert them.  Assuming I get a positive answer, I'll get that installed right away.  

..Al

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sanny said:

Where is the "go to first unread" button? When I enter a (long) thread and want to forward to the new posts?

regards,

chris

Along with mthompson's, above, there's a way to do it with Activity Streams.  The first picture is how to temporarily do it with the default streams (on PC). You'll have to do it every time unless you create your own custom ones:

On 6/16/2019 at 12:45 PM, PlaysWithWolves said:

Sorry for the delay.  In reference to being able to click on the topic and go directly to the first unread post instead of top-of-page.

To modify the default directly (but can't save over the defaults , of course):  

1870647876_firstunreadcomment1.thumb.jpg.aafd815cf6333d569917e4ee3ebabf68.jpg

To do it via a custom stream:

1357102736_firstunreadcomment2.jpg.89c55821c8386478504e8c7122b8e6dc.jpg

My biggest issue so far is the loss of friends list.

I had probably over 100, and the friends list was the easy way to find them for things and often even remember them when needed.

I have worked with lots of people on things the last 10 years and its sad if i dont even have a list of them now.

Anyway to rip my friends list info from the old software? Wish i had known and would have just saved them prior to the switch over.

Thanks 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Guspaz said:

I think that the large font sizes are probably contributing more to the perception of the default skin being too spread out than anything else.

No - it's things like the bar with the topic taking up three "lines" of space, with only one "line" of text in the middle.  There is absolutely no need for 12 points of whitespace above and below a 12 point font.

13 minutes ago, stupus said:

My biggest issue so far is the loss of friends list.

I had probably over 100, and the friends list was the easy way to find them for things and often even remember them when needed.

I have worked with lots of people on things the last 10 years and its sad if i dont even have a list of them now.

Anyway to rip my friends list info from the old software? Wish i had known and would have just saved them prior to the switch over.

Thanks 

Yes, I still have the old forum running. I can get you a list. 

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1